40,000 for Saturday; 40,557 will make biggest in 13 years

Umm, wrong. There is no way every CFL city in the league has as many options for spending your entertainment dollars or options for things to do. just as a quick example, most CFL cities dont have mountains so close…thats a bunch of options there. Most CFL cities are no where near the ocean…thats a bunch more options right there. Add that to the fact that this area has many newer Canadians that didnt know what the CFL was until they got here…if they even know now. Its pretty obvious to me. besides, the Lions have one of the top attendances in the league so how is that an issue?

Yeah the Pez, what a mess he made. You cant really blame fans for the mess that guy left behind. I agree, there was a gap in the fan base that was missed because of this fools asshatery as witnessed by the attendance back during his watch. Im just glad the Lions recovered like they have.

Ive got my tickets for Saturdays game! Actually got a freebie this time wewt! AND my WF tix arrived yesterday!!! Giddy up.

The Pez didn’t even own the team long enough to drive away a whole generation of fans. To give you an idea of how well the Lions were doing before he took over; he purchased the team for a dollar. (at the request of the board who ran the team when it was community owned after the team was bankrupt).

Secondly, it was during his term as owner, that the team drew 54,000 fans to a regular season game. (something they haven’t done since), and averaged 40,000 fans for the season (also something that hasn’t been matched to date). And after he “sold” the team, the new owner didn’t fare any better despite winning a Grey Cup.

He brought Futie in and we went to a lot of games then. I remember the Bomber game almost being sold out.