4 Sellouts This Labour Day

[b]The C.F.L. Rocks!

Montreal, Roughriders, Calgary And The Tiger-Cats Are ALL Going To Be SOLD OUT This Weekend!

Long Live The Greatest Game In The World! "CANADIAN Football"

What Day Does The nfl Play On Again?[/b]

NFL season starts on Thursday Sept. 9th

Have To MISS It!

Going To Watch Some Grass Grow That Day!

More ENTERTAINING!

I've got work to do also and don't get into the NFL too much either. After the Vanier Cup/Grey Cup then it's NFL football time more so. Cheers

nfl is boring, too much hype, i guess thats the American way.

Canadians dont appreciate what they have, there influenced by the BIG American media. All the lights and glittter doesnt make it better!!!

THE GRASS ISNT ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE!!!!!!!!!!

CFL IS AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!

Always looking forward to games on Labour day. I'm not surprised by the sellouts at all.

LOL.......Ya.......Double A Baseball is soooo much better to watch than Major League Baseball is!
The same holds true for Hocky.....that East Coast Hockey League sure has all the Best Talent playing in it.....what an exciting brand of Hockey that one is!
You guys are so right......Who needs the World Cup when we can watch our own brand of North American Soccer with a lot lesser talent playing on thses teams over here.
Yup......you guys really know Talent, and a much better game ....due to that quality talent! LOL
What NFL team......could Angus Reid or Dean Valli ever make???? LOL
How about......what NFL Team......could Ricky Foggie ever play for?
Geez.......is Cameron Wake.....the Best Player to come out of the CFL in the past couple of years......"STARTING" in the NFL?????
The answer to that is a BIG.........NO!
And why is that Guys?
It is because the NFL Players are sooooooooo MUCH Better than what we have up here!
Ya.........Two Downs and Kick..........WOW.......what an Excitng game that is! LOL
Catching a Pass in our End Zone is a Total Joke!
Hey.......He missed the Field Goal.......I Know.......Nice Try!
Lets give them a Point, for at least trying to get it through the Up Rights! LOL
The CFL is.......and always will be.......a Minor League to the NFL!
Seriously.......Tellme One starting QB or any starting Player in the CFL.......who would be STARTING......on an NFL Team......right now?????
Not ONE!!!!
I rest my case!

No doubt if anyone here thinks that the talent pool is better here than down in the US they are dreaming. But I think the love of the CFL game is the fact that it’s home grown with some home grown talent and it is in your back yard. Some guy in Moncton probably does not give a rats ass about Angus Reed. Sorry Angus! Why do you think the CFL is so fearful of a NFL team in Canada.
NFL and CFL are two totally different games. One is more free will where the other is so technical. Down south you better be big,fast, and most importantly quick! If you really want an experience go to a US college game…Huskies or anyone. The only sporting event that gives me goose pimples walking into a stadium. Now they know how to put on a show!

2 different games. Why can't you like them both , I certainly do. PS , Cam Wake IS a starter for the Dolphins.

Dayum, this guy is a mad hater. To each his own, I guess.

Not liking the CFL because better players play in the NFL is like dissing all movies because the world greatest actors are not in them.
and not that it is definitive or even important but there are 25 + players starting in the NFL who have played CFL.

but you’ll have to excuse the poster because after a season opening stated love affair with Empire he’s now bitter because he has a post in his way. He’s cranky and has had a bad year.

25 "Starters"???......In the NFL? LOL
Name them ....."ALL"! LOL

FYI......I still Love Empire Stadium......and the Lions were nice enough to move us, to our New Premium View Seats.
So no complaints there, at all!
"IF".......it was one of you, Couch Potato Experts out there, who has a Blocked View.....we would still be hearing about it! LOL
In rgards to the CFL over the NFL, at no point.... did I ever say......that I Hated the CFL.
DUH.......We happen to support our BC Lions by being Season Ticket holders, and show up for each and every game, aside from the fact......that they really SUCK this year!
I was just responding to, some really well thought out "intelligent" comment, stating......that the CFL Game, was so much better than that, of the NFL.
Statements like that, just make me shake my head, that any one, could ever actually believe that? lol
The CFL is exactly that........a Home Grown League, that has some sentimental value and history attached to it, but nothing more than that.
It is definitely a weaker and lesser talented league, than that of our friends, across the line.
Any Top 10 American University team......could KICK our CFL Butts, any day of the week!
So to even try to compare the CFL to the NFL in the same breath, is absolutely ridiculous, to say the least.
We happen to Love the NFL and prefer to watch REAL Football, any day......over watching a group of Angus Reids or Dean Vallis' go through the motions with other Semi Pro players, hanging onto their Dreams of one day......making the Big Show.
The CFL is to the NFL......What the PNE is to Disney Land.
You can not ever compare the two.
Hey.....it's great, that a few of you, happen to like to follow a lesser talented league, and show your support for that league, by posting ridiculous statements of support.
Me and the NFL and it;s TV ratings.......happen to disagree.
So having said that.........lets have you post that List.......of the 25 "STARTING" NFL Players, that have all played in the CFL.....and who are all Presently "STARTING" for their NFL teams?
And by the way.........Cameron Wake......is not "STARTING" for the Miami Dolphins and neither is Stephan Logan "STARTING" for Detroit.......so lets not, even go there! LOL
Man........Logan couldn't even stick with the Steelers, on Special Teams....what does that tell you? LOL
Ricky Foley got signed to the Jets Practice Roster......so.....you can Scratch that one as well.
So Mr. CFL "Know It All".......Lets see that List........of the "25" "STARTING" Players from the CFL who are "Presently" "STARTING" in the NFL? LOL
Oh ya..........Ricky Willimas doesn't count......you and him were both too stoned... to even remember that embarrassment to BOTH Leagues!
25 "Starters" LOL!!!!!

No I’m not going to put out the list. I feel you would just quibble about it. Such as changing my original statement that the 25 played in CFL as opposed to you changing it to starting in CFL.
There were 26 until Kurt Warner retired. He was cut by Ottawa back in the day. And as far as i know Williams did play in the CFL and is starting in NFL. you’d probably quibble that Wes Welker was cut by Winnipeg before getting into a game. And cam wake is slated to start at least in certain situations.

At any rate as I said it does not indicate my belief that the NFL does not have superior talent. It does. My point, again , is that dissing the CFL because of it is like only enjoying movies if the best actors are in it. But no big deal. I enjoy both but your choice.

Glad the Lions made it right by you. Given your vitriolic position on it perhaps you could have given them some props here. But as I say your choice.

Flag........You guys make me Laugh.
These are your own words......stated in print....by "YOU"!
I did not change or alter "YOUR" own Words....at all, in your previous Rant...... errrrrrrrrrr sorry.....Post.
You very Clearly......Stated.........(Using your own words.... LOL) ..... "but there are 25 + players "STARTING" in the NFL who have played CFL!
You stated......that I changed your own words around .......which, as you can plainly see.......is and was not the case at all.
Geez???.........Could it be?..........that "you" ( Who are such an Expert on not only, the CFL but on Evrything that there is to do with Football....on BOTH sides of the Border) were actually Wrong on both counts?
And.......that is "MY" POINT!
That "you" and all the other Football EXPERTS on Forums, just like this one.......Know It ALL and have ALL the Answers to what ever situation or question or statement that might be presented at any given time! LOL
It is obvious once again.......that you know.......absolutely NOTHING........On all Accounts.
Ya.....we all have our own opinions......on what goes on, regardless in what Sport or League or any Worldly event......But.......to make a Very Clear Statement....and present it in Print......and not only to Deny making that statement....but......not being able to Back It up with FACT........well.......Flag......we certainly hope that you refrain from showing us all ......your lack of Knowledge or Credibilty when it comes to posting your ridiculous comments! LOL
25 STARTERS from the CFL presently Playing and Starting in the NFL?..........LOL......Not in your Wildest Dreams!
Hey......On that note.........Foley just got CUT from the Jets "Practice" Roster!
And.........Cam Wake.......is not penciled in.......as any kind of STARTER for Miami!
Props to the Lions?
Buddy.........they corrected a Wrong, that should have never Happened.
It was either change our seats.......or......Give us our Money back.
Looking back on it..........Man........Did we ever make the wrong choice, on that one! LOL
Not that is any business of yours at all........But.......we did Thank the Lions for making the correction for us.
Now.........FLAG........it's your turn, to make a few Corrections ofr us all! LOL
25 STARTERS in the NFL????..........How Funny is that! LOL
The "REAL" Football Season........Starts.......TONIGHT!!!!!!!!

Backer@Empire
You know nothing about football, if you think a NCAA team could be a CFL team, then you have never played the sport. Only 3% of all NCAA players are good enough to play pro ball at either the CFL or NFL level. The CFL/NFL only gets the best of all the NCAA teams. I did a very quick check of the teams playing tonight in the the NFL, and I have allready found 12 players who have had experance playing NFL ball, that are on the NFL teams playing Thursday night. You should really know what your talking about, if you going to write about the sport. The NFL and CFL are totally different games, requiring different skills sets. If the NFL played CFL rules, then half the players on NFL would be cut for CFL players, that's just a fact from coaches and players that have played both games. If the CFL wanted 350lb lineman, then they would go out and get 350lb lineman, but those 350LB NFL lineman would drop dead playing CFL ball, with the 20 second clock, wide/longer field and limited roster space. I can tell you never played 1 second of football in your life

I don't really care about the feud you have going here and there certainly aren't 25 Canadians in the NFL , but Cam Wake IS starting. The Dolphins play a 3 - 4 defense with Wake at wide side LB. Watch on Sunday and see who's right...if it's you , an apology will sent

Certainly Cam Wake is starting.
Just to be clear I stated that 25 starters in the NFL have played in the CFL.
I never stated 25 Canadians are starting nor did I say that 25 players who started in the CFL are starters in the NFL. Simply that 25 starters in the NFL have CFL experience.

I have no feud but don’t want to get into the list because I know that there would be quibbles as to whether Lawrence Tynes (ottawa-NYG) as a PK or Jon Ryan (sask-seattle) , punter, are starters even though they are their team’s kickers. Or whether Mike Sellers (Winnipeg) is a starter as he is the number one Fullback in Washington but maybe gets 25 plays. Or whether Wes Welker’s cut by Winnipeg constitutes CFL experience. ETC etc.

I love both leagues. Don’t want to have an extended list fight with anyone here. he’s a little angry and perhaps I disrepected him.

Argogirl......you are absolutely right, I have never ever played a "Second" of Football, in my Entire Life.
But.....I have spent countless Hours playing, practicing, and now.....coaching the sport, that so many of us on here, have a Love and a Passion for.
What with my 4 YEARS of Starting at S.F.U, and playing for Pokey Allan and Bob DeJulleus when we used to be a Force, to playing 4 years of Junior Big 4 Football for the Vancouver Meralomas and winning 4 BC Championships over that time frame.....and winning a Canadian Championship with the Surrey Rams.......to now Coaching an Elite High School program.......you are once again .........so Right.
I have never Played a "Second" of any kind of Football! LOL
Just because, you disagree with my factual statement, that a Top Ranked NCAA Football Team could beat either the BC Lions, or any other Team in the CFL, just goes to show........your own level of knowledge or lack of..... when it comes to the game.
Your argument, has fallen on Deaf ears.
You have to realize, that a lot of what is said on a Forum like this, is said.....with Tongue in Cheek, and nothing more.
But having said that.....YES.......I do actually think, that a Top NCAA Football Team....could certainly BEAT a CFL Team......hands down!
Just based on their Talent Level and Hunger.....alone!
That is my Opinion.......and you are more than welcome, to yours.
As far as, Knowledge of the game or Football experience goes?........I do have a bit more, than a Seconds worth, under my belt! LOL
But........obvioulsy......having Played the game......makes none of us.....the next Don Shula , Tom Landry or the next coming of Vince Lombardi.
It's just my own Opinion.
But.......I do Love to use guys like Angus Reid, as a fine example, of our Highly Tuned... "Athletic" Pro type of players, that we have up here. LOL
Case.......CLOSED! LOL

M....e .........................thinks.....................old ...............backer there..................................like..................s........................the.....................N............F...........L......

“Just because, you disagree with my factual statement, that a Top Ranked NCAA Football Team could beat either the BC Lions, or any other Team in the CFL, just goes to show…your own level of knowledge or lack of… when it comes to the game”

Empire…certainly you are free to offer opinions…but to say Factual -how can that possibly be a factual statement… A fact is a proven point by evidence, no?..NCAA teams have never played CFL teams… I’m sure you get the difference. …given your stated educational background…and now working at an elite school…and all…

And why are you so angry?..given your tendency to LOL continually…it would seem you should be really happy.