3rdDown

For those of you who knew 3rdDown, Please Read.

http://13thman.com/cheers/viewtopic.php?t=35391&f=2

This is a very sad story. I hope the man pulls out of this ok.

3rd Down has been a ticats.ca regular for years. Sad that such a terrible thing can happen to such a nice guy. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

Get well soon, Ritch.

Awful to hear of something like this.
Here's hoping 3rdDown has a quick recovery.
Donna

I just finished reading the story and it sickens me that this can happen in a country like ours in a time like this. I hope this moron gets the book thrown at him and he can spend a little time being "touched" by Big Bubba.
A story like this belongs in the southern U.S. not anywhere in Canada this is pure trash, I can't express how angry I am right now this guy needs a rude awakening, I say anyone convicted of a violent attack on a woman or performs an "act of hate" under out law need be deported we don't need this trash in our country.

I felt pretty much the same way when I read it. I'm sad and angry and have once again realized how unfair life can be. Ritch didn't deserve this. I'm still praying that he makes a full recovery.

It doesnt "belong" anywhere. My prayers are with him and his family for a full recovery.

I'm sorry this is so horrible....... but.... why would you say a stupid ignorant thing.... like "a story like this belongs in the southern US" I don't think we need this type of cheap rascist shot on this site . I travel to the southern US on a regular basis and have friends there and believe me I feel safer down there.

Ritch's condition seems to be improving, according to news you can view if you click here. However, he is still in serious condition, and I hope he recovers as soon as possible.

He a good guy Hope he pulls it out

Never met the guy but this should never happen to anyone, hope he makes a speedy and full recovery

Recent news reports are not good. Ritch is not expected to make it and if he does, he likely will never walk again. Secondly, according to Ritch's friend Anders (on Ritch's facebook wall), the BC Lions brought Ritch a #1 Jersey with "Dowrey" on the back. Lets hope and pray for a miracle.

http://www.cflzone.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=100

That is a terrible story. For the life of me I cannot understand why some people act the way they do. The story in the Vancouver paper says that he's not expected to recover... lets hope they're wrong!

Simply horrible

My thoughts are with him and his family.

UPDATE: I am thrilled to announce that Ritch came out of his coma this morning! He is still non-responsive, but nurses have said this a great first step. :thup: :rockin:

Thanks for keeping us posted on Ritch's comdition Tigger, he's got a lot of friends out here pulling for him.

That is great news. Keep fighting Ritch, don't give up! As for the lowlifes that did this to him, they should be sentenced to life in front of a firing squad!

good news .. thanks

Great news

3rdDown is tough hes a CFLer. :thup: