3rd and a long 1

OK, I don't remember exactly when this happened - I think it was in the 2nd quarter, maybe the 3rd - but we were looking at 3rd and at least a yard to go. I believe we were still winning, and in FG range. Even if not ... well, we gambled and lost, instead of kicking. I really wish I could remember the exact circumstance, and yes, hindsight is 20-20, but I do remember thinking, "why oh why are we gambling on this, we certainly don't have to, and if it screws up we could be in trouble". Well, who's to say it would have changed the outcome of the game, and I don't think it was a turning point or anything ... but if you know the play I'm talking about (and really, even if you don't), what do you think about this?? Maybe I'm more conservative than Higgins, but it seemed like an unnecessary gamble at the time, and it ended up biting us in the @$$.

Dude, that's just a typical Calgary move (Higgins or otherwise). Shooting themselves in the foot again. Didn't catch the entire game, but the upside is that if the play in question had worked, it could have been a big boost for the Stamps.

Now go cheer for the Als in the Coupe Grey :wink:

True enough, and I suppose it could have been a big boost, but at that point I don't think we necessarily needed such a boost ...

And no worries, of course I'm going for the Als :wink: After all, pretty much the only Western team I'll cheer for is Calgary ...