3DownNation article: Suitor defends Canadian talent in face of merger speculation

good point, they do tell us especially to get behind the Leafs

1 Like

Millions have been getting behind the Leafs since 1967...we are still waiting !!

1 Like

Yeah, I finished university, got married, raised two kids, have two teenaged grand-children, got a job, and retired since the Leafs last hoisted the Stanley Cup. Yet Toronto fans still dote on them, and more importantly, every fall, still believe. That’s being a fan!:blush:

3 Likes

No, that’s being a cult member. Now put down the blue and white Kool-Aid

3 Likes

Taking a page from Beavis and Butt-head on this one:

Stranger to Leafs Fan: “You know what? I’m tired of all your proclamations and bluster from Toronto every single season! You all can go to hell already!”

Leafs Fan: “Uh, shut up, I don’t have to listen to you or go anywhere. I’m already there!”

1 Like

Bravo to real Canadian football supporters out there who have some sort of media platform to speak out - Suitor, Jim Mullin, Tim Micallef are a few who have stepped up to the plate on this situation. Too bad there are not way more of them.

The rest of the Canadian football media commentators speaking out to rationalise or make excuses for the CFL selling-out to become another American football enterprise - entitled to their opinions, but most of them have zero clue about or concern for the integrity of Canadian football; they can flock-off to cover and $uck-up to a new Rock shiny bauble that the CFL seems they want to pursue.

6 Likes