38,608 makes biggest regular season crowd since 1994

The Sask game drew 38,608 and that should make it the biggest regular season crowd here since 1994.

A game here in 2005 vs. Sask drew 38,000

that is excellent, i do remember in 1994, it was the lions 40th year, they gave away baseball caps that night and it was loui night were he was given a bunch of furnuture from the owner at the time bill comie, lions lost that game against calgary ny 2 points, but went on the beat them in the western final in calgary and win the grey cup that year here in bc, there season record that year was 9-9.

Yes you’re right, that 2005 game vs. Saskatchewan drew 38,847, and the Western Final vs. Edmonton two weeks later drew less than that, 37,000.

Goes to show you that this city will show up for a game vs. Saskatchewan, but if it’s a Western Final vs. anyone other than Saskatchewan, Vancouver doesn’t exactly wet it’s pants over it

i dissagree with this statment if bc hosts a playoff game no matter who it is they will get close to 45,000 if seceond place , if first place i guarrantee they will get 55,000 again, you have to remmeber the reason that that wf in 2005 was a low crowed was because of the way the lions were playing at the time losing the last 6 out of 7 games, the grey cup being here too that was the event in town, were usally the wf is the event of the week.

It's not the BC fans showing up or not that makes the diff when Sask plays here, though I guess we do get a few more when we play any western team.

It's the huge amount of road tripping rider fans and people that moved here from Sask coming out to see thier team play that swells the numbers. There wes at least 10k people wearing green at that last game, and it's always like that.

there game t was no were near 10,000 i say at the most 5,000 from what i saw.

BC average (2008): 33007
Riders in town: 38608

Ya, probably 6000 or so.

I wouldn't be so excited about the attendance I think for a city the size of Vancouver they could do a lot better and they have had so pretty good Football teams over the last few years.

Yeah but in Vancouver there is more than just a mall.

Even though their may be more things in Vancouver to do, there is far more the Population in the Lower mainland then in Edmonton plus you have a covered Stadium. Your fans wouldn't even come out for the memorial for Bobby and the ones who came to the Game left imeadeatly afterwards the Fans for the Lions are byfar the worst in the West I would even go as far to say that for the Canucks as well .
Just watch Sask come out and support Ron Lancaster tommorrow and you will see what I mean. I'm out of here and going Shopping now.

You have no idea what you're talking about...our fans are some of the best.

I was there for the Bobby Ackles tribute and stayed to the very end (as I always do).

Lions/Canucks LOYAL fans are diehards and probably some of the best in the country. Ridiculous statements....the Canucks sell out EVERY GAME, even though our ticket prices are some of the highest and we've had some less than memorable seasons.

Don't talk about things you have no clue about.

Actually I do know what I'm talking about as I do attend games at the dome and the Garage. Best fans in the CFL I don't think so that would be Edm or Sask hands down. Canuck fans are a bunch of bandwagon jumpers in 40 yrs they have done nothing and there teams in recent memory have stunk. the only reason the team sells out every game as it's the place to be seen or the In thing to do. Ya buy me a Luongo jersey from my grow-op money and im the teams biggest fan.

You are SO off base.

A little biased against the city, aren't we? Making generalizations and stereotypes...just proves you know nothing about this city.

I, on the otherhand, was born and raised here and can attest to the fact that this city has people who live and breathe the Canucks/Lions. It's a great city.

Can I ask you something?....if the city sucks and the people suck...WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? Because we don't need ya.

Actually I do know what I'm talking about as I do attend games at the dome and the Garage. Best fans in the CFL I don't think so that would be Edm or Sask hands down. Canuck fans are a bunch of bandwagon jumpers in 40 yrs they have done nothing and there teams in recent memory have stunk. the only reason the team sells out every game as it's the place to be seen or the In thing to do. Ya buy me a Luongo jersey from my grow-op money and im the teams biggest fan.

get lost, buddy. before we kick the shit out of you.

You tell 'em dups.

Funny thing is this...Canucks tickets went on sale today and sold out instantly...people are willing to pay more than ever now to go to a game. It's nothing at all about "the place to be seen" or the "in thing to do"...people are passionate about their sports here.

damm rights they we passinate about there teams here exspcally hockey and football. i guarantee you if the lions had the same record as sask last weeks game here there would have benn close to 45,000 there.that is why i bought again my 11 game pack for the canucks, and by my season tickets for the lions to be assured that i will be going this year, exspecally for the canucks, and to sit in a proper seat at bc place all year too.

Maybe you need to remove your Retainer before you type . and kick the crap out of me I think not. your last comment just re-enforces my previous comments about the fans at BC Lions games . As far as the Canucks selling out their games, every NHL team in Canada sells out. and Debra as far as this City goes I have lived here to for most of my life and have hated the way this city has changed over the last few years and most people will agree, but that's for another topic. [/b]

Well then move?

Kind of stupid to stay in a place you hate?

Believe me, just because you're not a fan, doesn't mean the fans here aren't. The people here love our home teams. And you obviously came from somewhere else with a home team of your own...we don't need input from a wannabe.

If we can hit 40,400 for Casey Printers night, we'll have the biggest regular season crowd since Doug Flutie here in 1994

If you hit 40000 that night I will come on here and tell all good all you Lions fans are and how great you have become.