3000 Empty Seats in Calgary!!!

You have to be careful when people sue the word millionaires anyone who has from $10 million plus people call millionaires.

Fact remains there is a bunch of money here if someone wished to purchase a team. Regina and Saskatoon are the 4th and 7th wealthiest cities in Canada per capita. Also don’t forget that an owner doesn’t necessarily have to come from that area. Bill Hunter for example was trying to purchase the Blues to move them to Saskatoon.

If you have less then $30 million there is no way that person can afford to own a team.

There are several with more then that here in this province.

I know coming from us here in Toronto, we should not complain, however I was also wondering why Calgary at least on their own and save and except the previous Saskatchewan game with the visitors coming in droves cannot for one game and especially on Labour Day fill up the stadium?

You can bet that the Banjo Bowl will be sold out despite the BB having an abysmal record. Some teams have a dedicated fan base, others don’t.

I like how the subject quickly changed to finance. The fact remains if you depend on another teams fans to sell out a big game (let alone any game) then that's not something to be proud of regardless of the team and especially 5 years removed from a championship season and a year off of a GC appearance. Just sayin....

Great point bud! Its not just the Riders with a great fanbase!, I thought the BBs fanbase would take a hit when the Jets came to town

Ya I don’t buy the “Well we have an NHL team which is why they don’t sell out” excuse. Football fans will go to football games and hockey fans go to hockey games. It’s hard to believe that a fan of both would object to buying 9 tickets at the same average selling price for their CFL team but would have no objection to buying regular season game tickets four times over to the NFL games.

The 35 000 empty seats in the Grey Cup champs Stadium is a much more unfortunate issue. It being a Tuesday ,doesn't hold to much water. Their last game on a Weekend , didn't draw 20 000!

No problem ever, getting a seat in the Dump, no matter what game, no matter what team. I don't think any Argo fan should ever criticize any other team's attendance record !!!!!!!!!!! Maybe they need another half million for "marketing", this year.

I hope they all sit empty. Give NFL teams to all the cities that have hockey teams and get real football up here.

so you created an account just to tell us you are not a fan anymore

fn trolls

We deserve a professional team. Football is the only sport that we don't have an international team in.

What does that say for the rest of CFL fan base then if you have to rely on us dirt poor Saskatchewanians are the only reason your team can sell out their stadium once or twice a year?

Sask. fans unfortunately are the exception. I think they could support an NHL team. They are the most loyal fans I've seen. They boost attendance in every city they play in.

…yes, yes, all hail the rider fans, saviors of the league and egos to match

That should read NHL.

Our fans are not the ones rubbing in 13 men and 3 cups every chance they get.

...yes, but you have to give the bomber fans something to hold onto