3 People who Should Be Interviewed for DC Job.

Here a 3 People who should be Interview for DC Job

1 Danny Kepley Edmonton Linebackers Coach

Danny Kepley is in his sixth year with the Eskimos, third as the club’s Linebacker Coach. He first joined the Eskimo coaching staff as a defensive assistant in 2002.

During his storied ten-year playing career (1975-1984), Danny played with an intensity and dedication that defined the linebacker position in the CFL. A native of Albemarle, N.C., Danny went on to star at East Carolina University. He also played an integral part in Edmonton's "Five in a Row" Grey Cup winning teams of the late 1970's and early '80's. A five-time Western and CFL All-Star and a three-time winner of the Schenley Award as the CFL's Outstanding Defensive Player (1977, '80, '81), Danny is a member of both the Canadian Football Hall of Fame and the Eskimo Wall of Honour at Commonwealth Stadium.

Following retirement, Danny spent one season (1985) as an assistant coach with the Eskimos. He also worked as a very successful and respected football analyst on CFRN radio and with both CBC TV and ESPN.

2 Dave Easley Special Team Hamilton.

Dave Easley, the Tiger-Cats new special teams coordinator, brings over two decades of coaching experience to the Black and Gold.

This season will mark Easley’s 15th campaign as a coach in the Canadian Football League. Easley began his CFL coaching career with the Toronto Argonauts as linebackers coach in 1991, helping the Argos earn a Grey Cup championship. He would move on to the B.C. Lions in 1993 as defensive line coach, a position he remained in until 1997 when he was promoted to become the Lions’ defensive coordinator. He guided the Lions’ defensive backs and special teams in 1998 and 1999, then joined the Montreal Alouettes as special teams coordinator in 2000-2001.

Easley’s coaching career would make another stop in Ottawa in 2002 when he was named defensive coordinator of the Ottawa Renegades. He spent another two seasons in Ottawa as the team’s special team’s coordinator before joining the Winnipeg Blue Bombers as their defensive backs coach in 2005.

Easley spent 2006 with the University of Manitoba, serving as the Bisons’ advisory to defensive backs coach and special teams coach. Before beginning his professional coaching career, Easley honed his skills with the UBC Thunderbirds, the Renfew Trojans and Kelowna High School.

Easley is the only coach in Canadian football history to capture national championships at the junior, university and professional levels.

Easley also enjoyed a successful CFL playing career. He made his playing debut in 1969 with his hometown B.C. Lions, earning the CFL’s Top Rookie honour after returning 50 punts for 359 yards and making four interceptions. He remained with the Lions until 1973 when he joined the Ticats. Easley would remain a Ticat until the middle of the 1976 season when he joined the Edmonton Eskimos.

3 Mike Roach BC Lions Defensive Line Coach

ike Roach returns for his third season coaching the Lions’ defensive line. Led by CFL All-Stars Brent Johnson, Tyrone Williams and Aaron Hunt, Mike’s D-line was a key ingredient in the team’s championship season in 2006.

As unit, the defensive line rang-up 39 of the club’s league-leading 59 quarterback sacks.

Roach joined the Lions from the Calgary Stampeders, where he served as secondary coach (1998-2001). His work was an integral part of the Stamp’s two Grey Cup victories 1998 and 2001.

Mike’s CFL coaching career began 24 years ago in Calgary where he spent four seasons (1982-’85). He moved to Edmonton after the 1985 season and spent the next three seasons with the Eskimos (’85-’87) which included a Grey Cup championship in 1987.

From 1989 to 1991, Mike served as linebackers coach for the Ottawa Rough Riders. He then joined the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in 1994 as an assistant coach and was promoted to defensive coordinator in 1996.

Prior to joining Calgary in 1998, Mike took a short hiatus from the CFL to coach linebackers at the University of Texas, El Paso in 1997.

Roach, who hails from Rapid City, South Dakota, and his wife Kaye share five children, Pat, Tim, Greg, Laura and Moi. Mike and Kaye make their off season home in Calgary.

I like the candidates you are showing for the job of defensive coordinator, Onknight.

Any one of these three would be a welcome addition with my personal emphasis on Mike Roach.

Good post!

Thanks for the background info Onknight! Good stuff. I had forgotten about what Dan Kepley has been doing. He has Edmonton Eskimo blood in him though because of his long association. Can't see him wearing black and gold but who knows.

Mike Roach is the only one in this group
that has my approval. I'm sure the cats
have been talking to him.
I don't know if he would except less than
a H.C. job up here.

Yea...Good Job Onknight! :thup:

I'm sure they are looking at these as well if available!

I met Dan Keply in Toronto this summer...shared a laugh... a cigarette and a coffee. Nice guy! (actually, he had a cigar...lol) :wink:

I think he is pretty well set in Edmonton though!

Very thoughtful list.
I however do not like the promote until they fail scenario.
Is there not a DC candidate who has kicked around the league, and had the role of DC?

They are all working. Not sure Kepley will leave Edmonton for Hamilton. Same for Roach.

Give O'Neill another year.

All we do is ask permission to talk them.

Ed is Great guy but his system is Dose not work here.
He be Great Asst Coach Here.

I’d Rather go Dave Easley if we can get Kepley or Roach

Grrrrreat scouting,Onknight :thup: :thup: :thup: -easily Dave Easley Special Team Hamilton.
-But If they Can Aquire Keply :rockin: -Easley could focus on a dire sore spot ST-

8) Surely, you must be joking !!!!! :roll:

I sure hope so. Working may not have sent in good plays, but at least he sent in plays. One of the most embarrassing things this year was when Zeke was mic’d up and had to tell O’Neill he needed to send in some plays.

hey guys we should bring Kavis Reed back for the DC job. He was a greta man and a great Coach

8) Too late to bring Kavis back !! He is now the DC of the Argos !!!!

Trust me No Way Kavis would Come back after he was Given the boot
That was Almost two Seasons ago.
I hoping for Anyone But Denny Creehan
They Must Have DC Experience in the CFL.
Or be a Season Coaching Vet on Defence.