3 New Cats

Unannounced by anything I've read, seen or heard but they've appeared on the roster May 26th:

Serderius Bryant -- Ole Miss -- a 5'9" / 220 lb. LB
Bobby Felder -- Nichlls State -- a 6'/ 220 lb. DB
Antoine Lewis - Purdue -- a 5'10" / 185 lb. DB

The little, yet quite interesting, information on the them indicates that Felder is 25, while both Lewis and Bryant are yet to be born. Lewis is expected in the world on Nov. 3/15 and Bryant will follow on Dec. 31/15.

Here is the announcement

Sign 4 and release 6

http://ticats.ca/tiger-cats-transactions-2/

HAMILTON – The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Tuesday that the team has signed international linebacker Serderius Bryant, as well as international defensive backs Bobby Felder, Antoine Lewis and Cleshawn Page.

Bryant, a 5-9, 220-pound, native of Sanford, Florida played three seasons at Ole Miss, leading the team with 78 tackles, 12.5 tackles for a loss and three forced fumbles in 2013. The 23-year-old was named all-SEC 2ndteam in his senior year, after receiving all-SEC freshman honours in 2011.

Felder, a 6-0, 200-pound, native of McComb, Mississippi joins the Tiger-Cats after stints with the Buffalo Bills in 2014 and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Minnesota Vikings in 2013. The Nicholls State alumnus led the Colonels in his senior year with five interceptions and eight pass break ups. His 12 career interceptions tied him for fourth all-time in the Nicholas State record book.

Lewis, a 5-10, 185-pound, native of Chicago, Illinois appeared in 12 games with at Purdue in 2013. The 23-year-old had 24 tackles and one pass break up in three starts with the Boilermakers.

Page, a 5-9, 179-pound, native of Los Angeles, California appeared in 23 games for the Boise State Broncos, recording 34 tackles, two interceptions, one forced fumble and nine pass deflections. Before joining the Broncos, Page played two seasons at Los Angeles Harbour College.

The team also announced the following players have been released:

NAT LB Pawel Kruba
INT RB Jeff Scott
INT DB Drayton Calhoun
INT DB Arthur Williams
INT DB Ellis Lankster
INT DB Michael Coe

Interesting to see that Coe, Lankster, and Kruba were released. IIRC, Coe and Lankster were in the running for Breaux's replacement, especially since Coe played very well for us last year. Lankster may be a bit long-in-the-tooth right now, and his stints on various NFL PRs have kept him off the field for the most part (although, when he DID play, his stats were pretty good). I'm guessing Kruba became expendable with the drafting of 4 Nat LBs this year.

Are any of the Cat's 2015 draftees coming to the rookie meetings which start tomorrow? Nothing I've read, heard or seen, anywhere so far, would indicate so.

Since the 2015 draftees count as "rookies", and this is a classroom session that rookies will be having, I would think that the draftees will be in attendance. They wouldn't want to be behind the other rookies playbook-wise.

I agree with what you say, Mike. All I'm saying is that it would be nice if the team, or media covering the team, let the fans know the status of the draftees before they hit the books and/or the field. Are they attending? Have they signed contracts?

Think about it like this... if the team wanted you to know these things, they would tell you. Doesn't your common sense tell you this?

If anyone is interested in 40 times

SB unofficially 4.59 2013
BF unofficially 4.5 2012
AL officially 4.5 2015.

Lewis is a strange one. A quick search says he wasnt drafted and im not sure why he wouldnt try walking on to an nfl club. At least to try. I'll look again for more info

How down right stupid of me to not realize that! Thanks canadianfootballfan for setting me straight. I'd appreciate it if you could enlighten me further by explaining why the team doesn't want the fans to know. Again, thanks.

Well, you see... I don't work for the team, so I can't tell you. The one thing that is very obvious though is that they have not told us, and if they wanted to, they would, no?

Maybe apply for a job as a scout or coach, and then you will get all the inside scoops you want.

I read some where (might have been the Scratching Post) that Lankster was injured and wouldn't be able to pass the physical.

I found the link: http://3downnation.com/2015/05/26/no-on … is-season/

In the paragraph above the one quoted, Drew mentioned that Kruba may have been a casualty of the new ST rules that seem to call for bigger bodies at the LOS. Too bad, because he made that incredible heads-up play jumping on that on-side kickoff during the season. I hope he finds a team to play with this year.

Now, just a few hours after your response, the team has decided they do want to let the fans know and have done so just in time to save me going through the application process:

http://ticats.ca/ticats-sign-2015-draft-picks/