3&10 vs. Expansion

…not being a betting man by any stretch of the imagination, but I’d lay money down that turd&ten is getting po’d about expansion strings…

Expansion Discussion Strings - 1
Third and Ten - 0

…no way KK, 3/10 is way fun to pick on…

…no way KK, 3/10 is way fun to pick on…

I’m sick of the epansion threads too. It’s always about the same issues and each post seems to overlap.

Ottawa isn’t on stable ground and there isn’t even a tenth team and people are talking about adding 2,4 and in kk’s case 12 more teams. Why expand more? Why go to communities that would have trouble keeping teams afloat? Expansion ruined the NHL, imo, and it’ll ruin the CFL if they try to do it ONCE again. Sometimes quality is much better than quantity and imo this definitely applies to the CFL.

…Agreed, and thats why when I become commish there will only be the Edmonton Eskimos and the Calgary Stampeders and they will just play each other every Sunday, alternating venues…expansion isn’t bad roughy, and relating the situ in Ottawa to adding teams to Halifax or QC may not be logical, the situ in Ottawa has many other factors including a (please excuse present fans) a laclustre support from the community that those other places wouldn’t have…

put me down as pissed at expansion threads.

THEN you’d get bored with the Esks sh*t canning the Ponies and eventually you’d seek new ownershit. That’s never happened…has it???

.......Agreed, and thats why when I become commish there will only be the Edmonton Eskimos and the Calgary Stampeders and they will just play each other every Sunday, alternating venues...........expansion isn't bad roughy, and relating the situ in Ottawa to adding teams to Halifax or QC may not be logical, the situ in Ottawa has many other factors including a (please excuse present fans) a laclustre support from the community that those other places wouldn't have.......
I think expansion is bad in some cases. It waters down the talent and makes league revenue sharing smaller since there is more teams to share it with. I think expanding to ten teams to balance out the league is great. But after that I think the league should stick with ten teams. And places these other posts have brought up wouldn't support a team and expanding there would just put us in another Ottawa situation. The teams in the CFL do not want to have to bail out another team because the commisioner was short-sighted when it comes to expansion.

Do you think the NHL was wrong for expanding? Should they have stuck with 20-24 teams?

Expanding is good in some situations but it can go to far in other situations.

…I think the NHL should have topped out at 24 teams, having teams in Florida and Arizona makes no freakin sense, but then again I think Winnipeg should get their team back…

…the CFL should top out at ten, move Ottawa if it can’t stand on it’s own…

…EM(angryman), yes, having one team always beat the other team would not be any fun and I suppose if it continued for a long time an ownership change would be required…and yes many teams have changed ownership over the years…

…I am truly sorry Third and Ten, I started this string out as pure nonsense to poke a stick at you and these bingo-players (me included) have actually turned it into a real thread about expansion…

…or maybe I meant to do it [la]insert evil laugh here[la]…

I like expansion threads. I guess I might get sick of them eventually. 9 being uneven should only be temporary. Since I concluded that US expansion will NEVER work, here is my final thought. If Ottawa won’t work, someone from Halifax should buy the team and put the team there. And then Quebec City should have the 10th team.

I agree moderators should really lock threads that talk about the same topic. The point of a discussion in a topic is to respect it and continue using that one thread! This was the same problem on the last CFL site, you go on and there are multiple topics about expansion! We all know several people want the league to grow beyond nine teams. We all know several want to know if there is a viable western city and there are polls made choosing which would be the best city or is there. We all know about the debate who should be the tenth team Quebec City or Halifax. This topic is done unless the commish talks about bringing a tenth team in and announces it we should end making new threads!!!

Darrrrrhhhhg!..

Have… trouble… breathing… hhh, hhhhuhhh…

Just… say… “expansion”… and people… hhh… hhhuh… start over again…

Need… air… .

Easy third just concentrate on the EXPANSSION of your lungs
Opps sorry bad choise of words

The thing about expansion posts, like with all other topics, is that if you ignore them, they will go away.

Why get angry? Just don’t read these threads, or at least don’t reply to them. They’ll become buried on page 10 and no one will ever see them again.

I’m going to start another expansion thread because we have forgotten one important section of the country…The territories.

Think of the big picture… Beer that never gets warm! More cold weather games. National unity to include our Brothers and Sisters of the North.

I need help with the thread title…If you can help me I’ll post it!

Great white North Expansion?

Terratorial Expansion?

Just kidding…I like 3rd & ten. Don’t want him carted off to the emergency!

Besides, It’s 12:20…I’ve got far too much time on my hands…Time to go to bed!