2024: who doesn't make the playoffs?

Nay to the team from Montreal. They will make the playoffs.

1 Like

My money will be with the bookies. I will wait for their odds

1 Like

Are those the same Bookies that had Montreal paying 12-1 to win the East final last year on the day of the game?

3 Likes

PKP must have made a bundle of money on that one. :wink:

1 Like

Ottawa, Hamilton, Sask

1 Like

Mistakes is one thing - repeating those mistakes is another.

No matter how long they have been a position coach or whatever, when you become head coach you will make mistakes in pressure situations. There’s no way around it. I expect the Riders will likely loose a couple close games this season on coaches decisions.

The guy who coached Montreal to the cup? Heck - he made a ton of mistakes - but I knew he was a good coach when he didn’t keep making those mistakes again and again.

So IF Dyce makes poor decisions again this year, like last year, then yes - its time to move on for Ottawa.

The problem with Harris is when you get to yards per reception. His numbers look great because he dumps the ball off so much. It’s how you have a record number of receptions in a game for under 250 yards passing.

3 Likes

Touche., and that what I love of CFL, ya never know

1 Like

Sask, Calgary & Edmonton miss… east crossover this year!

1 Like

It would be a first ever. However I do not see this happening. Ottawa will finish below those 3 West teams you posted

Aha, haha. Turmoil in Toronto? OTTAWA continues their down trend. Hammer’s old qb? Als won’t be taken lightly. The seas are too rough for the East.

2 Likes

And no one said anything about the schedule changes. I’m sure that not having to make game plans for playing divisional teams 3 and 4 times will change things.

3 Likes

And thank goodness for the return of balanced schedules. It gets really old playing the same teams 3-4 times…

3 Likes

But think how much that skewed the standings as well…with a team like Winnipeg playing 9-10 games a season against 3 weak teams in their division…Or Toronto playing 8+ games against Hamilton and Ottawa…

2 Likes

No doubt. Or playing the same team three times in the space of six weeks, giving you a skewed view of where your team is at relative to the whole league.

We have to get to 10 teams, IF ONLY to bring different matchups into the whole schedule. Imagine just playing every other team in the league twice, home and away. Far less potential for matchup fatigue.

2 Likes

…and coaching fatigue. I can’t imagine trying to add enough wrinkles to the playbook you could disguise any play after the third meeting of the year…

2 Likes

I’m not getting my hopes up. I was watching some old games on Youtube and I think the CBC guy said that Toronto played Ottawa 3 times in a 14 game schedule. I’m aware that you can’t compare the eras but then along came 2021 with their 14 game schedule. Yes, there were extenuating circumstances with that one.

I’ll believe it when I see it, basically.

2 Likes

Now that C Kelly is gone from at least half of the season, it is a vg for Western teams to cross over.

1 Like

Hi All,

I would say…Edmonton, Ottawa and after hearing about Kelly…Toronto
Go Bombers!
David

2 Likes