2024 NHL playoffs

What an enjoyable first period of hockey this has been!

I know you are pulling for Dallas as I am for Colorado, who if they can pull it off tonight, these teams would provide more great action.

3 Likes

There we go - Toronto should hire us - we nailed down their top two problems right there…

Anyway…while typing that Dallas busts in 2 on 0 and takes the lead…

2 Likes

Have Shanahan and Treleving get in touch and get a deal done.
Get paid a decent salary, and probably I would get fired after one season ( or sooner) because I would be calling out a couple of players on a regular basis :wink:

On the bright side, I would be alright financially!

4 Likes

Tied up end of 2.

1 Like

Update - Colorado leads 4-3 as I type the Stars just scored. About 12:00 minutes left in the 3rd period

1 Like

Colorado coach Jared Bednar with the trolling impostor behind the bench!
:sweat_smile:

Maybe a screen shot will show up.

1 Like

Does anyone else think Bednar looks like Christian Bale?

2 Likes

Back to Denver for game six.
Final

Colorado 5
Dallas 3

4 Likes

It works for some, not for others!

When Rasputin Bowness went berserk on his players after last year’s too easy playoff elimination he did it after the series was over - and a lot of it was aimed at Union Boss Blake Wheeler who was widely seen as a cancer in the Jets locker room. It worked to an extent - the Jets had a wonderful 2024 regular season. Team just not built for playoff success - perfect failures!

The good hair!

2 Likes

Evidently Winnipeg interviewed Maple Leafs next coach, Craig Berube as heir to Rasputin Bowness. Suspect Berube did it as por favour to Cheveldayoff - putting it in straight language the reason Berube would have declined the Jet’s feeler - “I can’t win with the nags you’d be providing me on that team, sorry!”

That can’t be the reason. By any measure Winnipeg is at least better than Toronto.

1 Like

Don’t know if Winnipeg is “better” than da Leafs.

Both teams excelled in regular season (ie. pre-season tournament)

Leafs have 3 forwards who are all better than anything the Jets have to offer (Marner, Moustache, Nylander). Supporting cast is suspect on both squads - defense is soft and slightly under-sized.

Jets had the better regular season goaler in Helleybuyck!

Coaching also a saw-off. Bowness an old NHL hack on last legs, Shelly was fresh meat. Neither coaching staff did little to impress.’

Jets also have the better billionaire (Thompson). Won’t offer an opinion on the better GM. Both guys deliberate & careful with words - neither has accomplished much other than Treliving prolly has more Boston Pizza gift certs.

1 Like

For some reason when I read this, now I picture that you look like him as well.

Now that’s no doubt a playoff beard too!
Rasputin, The 'Mad Monk' Who Became A Friend To The Romanovs | HistoryExtra

2 Likes

Dammit Jim - where’d ya find my Bar Mitzvah pictures?

2 Likes

Pictures of serial killers aside, Brad Marchand weighed in on the injury he received after a hit from Sam Bennett. To his credit he didn’t bitch and said it is part of playoff hockey to hurt other players (Duh- but not an NHL approved statement) and also said he has been on the other side of the equation previously.

Does anyone else think that the second round is becoming very interesting. Three of the four series appeared that they might have ended already, but Colorado, Carolina and Boston just won’t die.

3 Likes

Carolina with an edge in play in the first period, outshooting the Rangers 10-3. Canes score a late goal to go up 1-0.

2 Likes

They are going to win the series as I had predicted.

I’m not seeing any MSG Miracles the way those Rangers played “sticks, skates, and ice chips” and not hockey in that third period in Game 5, so those bojacks now deserve to lose and lose badly, and even their fans in Manhattan damn well know it now since they booed them off the ice rightfully early in Game 5.

1 Like

I hope you’re right. I thought it possible even when down 3-0, but it’s only happened I think 4 times in NHL history so there is a lot of work to do yet.

2 Likes

Alright don’t hold out even more on us than you already have today.

I’ll ask for the others here who might be afraid or discouraged. I get it, these are inflationary and harder times on some days, and good hooch and herb are also more expensive, and …ah never mind.

So as depicted, can you share with the class anything more about this apparent new lady in your life?

1 Like