2024 NFL Offseason

3 Likes

:eyes:

:thinking:
Hmmmm, Novel idea
Where have I seen this before?
An 18 game season

5 Likes

Likely will not happen before 2030, until the next labor deal gets discussed.

1 Like

I hope so. They know how useless pre season games are and regular season games make more money for both players and owners. I don’t see why this wouldn’t be done in fairly quick order.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

holy eff

2 Likes

Holy smokes! Making my anti cold weather game arguments on behalf of the fans much easier!

2 Likes

:joy: I was thinking about your early season argument when I was on Twitter the other day.

Not too many people agreed with him.

2 Likes

The linked article offers some off-season pre-draft filler like so many that are in the NFL “news” nowadays, including especially at this time of year or in the NFL preseason in the heat of August.

This example has not been “news” since 2010, when the rules on hitting defenseless receivers were changed quite belatedly for safety reasons beyond merely the already banned act of spearing a player with a helmet on any hit.

Though what appears to be an already known trend for years presented here as “new” by a guy who appears to be a youthful author who looks like perhaps he was still a minor in 2010, after which in the following years overall demand for guys who could play the safety position declined along with draft status and compensation, the following research on modern NFL offensive play is outstanding and does support this already known trend.

The text in bold is my emphasis.

This is the way the NFL is trending right now. Quarterbacks aren’t throwing the deep ball like they used to. The last four years, the league has seen less than eight passes per game of 20-plus yards down the field after a decade of being above eight per game.

Last year there were 15.4 passes per game behind the line of scrimmage, the most since the NFL began tracking it in 2006. And of the past two decades, the last five years have produced the lowest interception rates in the league.

There’s been an increase in two-high safety looks over the last half-decade. According to league data, 38 percent of coverages last season had two-high safety looks. That has crept up from 2019’s rate of 30 percent in each successive year.

2 Likes

This list was published today, and maybe somebody will notice on Monday, but clearly the weekend crew is mailing it in since they merely copied and pasted 2022 in the title of the list ha ha ha.

Only a few players on this list have already been franchise tagged, re-signed, or otherwise tagged to be on the same team with none changing teams yet, but of course the link will be updated.

2 Likes

Each of these guys will earn tens of millions of dollars per season upon re-signing.

Notice how some of the bigger money has already flowed over the weekend.

In particular, the Bucs, Chiefs and Patriots have moved in early on these key players.

2 Likes

Canadians actually understand how to cover up in winter.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Well now is this not interesting gossip.

A little googling can easily find more interesting gossip on the leader of America’s Team. :grinning:

Kinda makes one wonder how much stuff gets swept under a rug.

1 Like

Absolutely wild that Antonio Brown broke this news like 2 days before any other reporter got to it :joy:

He is really running with this whole CTESPN thing.

Edit to add that AB84 has now called out Adam Schefter. This keeps getting better lol

3 Likes

I called that one weeks ago in this thread after Chad Johnson stated it, for the Justin Fields chatter was nonsense. Fields might be headed to Atlanta.

Wilson is perfect for the offense that has been run in Pittsburgh since 2004, Ben Roethlisberger’s breakout rookie year.

4 Likes

My Steelers have an experienced QB at bargain basement prices . The “Brawnacos” will be paying him to win for the Steelers . The salary cap has some room now .

2 Likes