4 Likes

Montreal
Winnipeg
BC
Edmonton

1 Like

Difficult week of picks IMO.

3 Likes

I bet against the Riders and paid the price in Week 5. What a fool I was. What a bloody fool. I won’t make that mistake again until they play the Bombers two weeks from now. Until then I’ll have learned my lesson.

:als:
:bombers:
:riders:
:redblacks:

Thanks a bunch Abbey! :boom: :beers: :beaver:

1 Like

:als_red: :bird:
:stamps: :racehorse:
:bclions: :lion:
:elks: :deer:

Back to the ol’ jinxing :disappointed:
Thanks - appreciate it!

4 Likes

:argonauts: Toronto Argonauts
OK, this is my “make up ground pick” for the week. Conventional wisdom says that picking a streak to end is generally bad odds, but I’m not conventionally or even remotely wise, so whatever! Montreal is playing on a very short week, missing several key players, while Toronto will be motivated to get themselves above .500 again. No one can win indefinitely; no one can play at a high level forever. There will be a letdown – we saw signs of that in the comeback win against Calgary – and I’m banking that this is the letdown week, right before Montreal’s bye.

:bombers: Winnipeg Blue Bombers
As Calgary regresses back to the mean, Winnipeg is starting to remind us of who they actually are. Playing at home, against a QB who scares no one, I think the Bombers win by a touchdown or less.

:bclions: BC Lions
The Lions aren’t going to hang 44 points on the Riders, but they’re playing at home, Adams is locked into his whole receiving corps, and Ryan Phillips’s defence is going to make Shea Patterson’s life very difficult from start to finish.

:elks: Edmonton Elks
Another streak-ending pick? Yep. Edmonton is a better team than its record, and what better time to get off the schnide than at home, against an Ottawa team without playmakers on offence and a defence that can’t stop the pass?

2 Likes

In case you’re wondering about the ‘Mind-Blown’ emoji… I’m trying out that hover feature that Grideron Girl trotted out today.

2 Likes

Montreal
Winnipeg
BC
Edmonton

Bye Bye: Hamilton

Montreal :als_red: like picking between gonorrhea or syphilis :face_vomiting:

Calgary :stamps: Should have beaten the Dirty Birds last week.

B.C. :bclions: Will show who the real beasts of the West really are.

Edmonton :elks: Will finally get off the snide and get a “W” .

Finally in my hardest pick of the week I take the Bye to win over my toothless Puddy Cats in a romp.
:beers:

6 Likes

Montreal
Bombers… Second thought got me and I switched this pick
BC
EDMONTON… FINALLY

2 Likes

:als_red:
:stamps:
:bclions:
:elks:

Many thanks for running the the pool!!!

2 Likes

It’s MacBeth right? I don’t blame you rider01.1. That guy is always playing like a winner. His numbers are consistently top tier. With all the passing yards he’s piled up you’d think that the Elks would’ve have won plenty of games by now. I think they’re due to win every darned week. But then I slap myself for allowing Elk victory thoughts to enter my brain.

Bad Maaax! BAD!!! :beaver:

1 Like

I most likely will not sleep tonight for calling for an Elk win

1 Like

Do what I do. Take a small shot of rye and a big shot to the head with a wooden mallet. You’ll sleep like a brain damaged baby.

1 Like

Mtl
Cgy
BC
Edm

Montreal
Calgary
BC
Edmonton

Thanks

Montreal
Winnipeg
BC
Edmonton

Week six, home sweet home.

:bombers:

:bclions:

The homers have it…why do I feel like Riders or Ottawa will mess this up for me, maybe both? Maybe all 4 teams will mess will me up. It’s usually not so difficult for me to screw up. Life is tough after going 4/0, I have a reputation to destroy.

Abbey, Jon & all the

6 Likes

Montreal
Winnipeg
B.C.
Edmonton

:stamps:
:claw:

Thanks!

1 Like