2023 QB' off the list

Fine showed flashes. I remember one of the earlier games think it was the Montreal game where Fine put the ball one a rope through a tight window back of the endzone for a TD.

He also showed ineptness… drives the field and gets stuck at the 30.

So hard to know…

That first Toronto game Dolagala should’ve been picked 3 or 4 times… but he was playing on one day practice with a bunch of starters out so hard to judge. He does have a rocket tho for an arm…

Not many moves happening , lots for other teams though, stagnant.

The biggest concern is the lack of any direction. If they were focusing on dman or oline only ... we could at least say they are focosing on priority areas first

At this rate, they may find it hard to even find enougj starting caliber players to sign in FA to fill out the team.

i kinda suspect that there is some directive but they are having trouble attracting / re-signing players. opening of free agency will likely shed some light on if they have any really purpose to their off-season.

1 Like

At the very least you’d think they’d be extending our nationals.

Releasing AC Leanord today was not great news

I hope its to facilitate an NFL opportunity..... if not one has to wonder if anyone is in charge of the team at this point

Nope… He was due a $40K bonus Feb. 1st according to 3DN.

Bush league move. Gas left in the tank imo.

He would have been highest paid D Lineman in the league if they would have kept him. Not sure he is worth that, but if there is no one to replace him,hmmmm, what are trying to save money for?

Can’t believe O’Day agreed to pay him $250,000 + to be honest. JaGaared Davis was something like $256,000 although that is rumour. 3DN had A.C. third at $205,000 for 2022. Take it for what it is worth.

Winnipeg could use him in a rotation with Jeffcoat who is a good risk to be six gamed at some point to save salary and to be healthy for the playoffs. Problem being they might need him to have to make the playoffs.

I was tongue in cheek with the NFL comment

I knew they couldnt afford to pay his current salary but expected an effort at a restructured contract at the very least

1 Like

3down article also said he would be highest paid D Lineman in 2023 if they re-signed him. 2022 has nothing to do with anything.

Unfortunately tongue in cheek can be hit or miss with me.
Btw, just to clarify my post above, extending nationals has always been a priority with O’Day in the past. So far he’s really dropped the ball – by now I would’ve expected players like Clark, Picton, McInnis and Edem to be re-signed.

Stuck with leftovers

Other than a point of reference.

Thinking there must be something going on as it was posted on another sight that Leonard was due to earn $210,000 in 2023 so Willy Jefferson must be making less but taking home more.

Or could be that both Jefferson and Davis were headed for FA so they were not included.

His salary was not out of line. Given the lack of overall team depth it seems kind of drastic. Can’t imagine who they will replace him with.

You can add Arbuckle to the list.

yep. pickings are getting slimmer every day and we haven’t even hit free agency yet.

1 Like

Only a one year deal

Suspect Harris will re-up before long, leaving either Fajardo or Evans.
My advice to O’Day/Dickenson: “Choose wisely Grasshopper”.

Still, he’s a would-be free agent QB off the market.
Not sure he would’ve ever been a consideration.