2023 NHL Playoffs

OK. The regular season is officially over and now the real excitement starts.

Good luck to everybody and the teams they are cheering for except for the ones that play against the Kings. :smile:

3 Likes

or the Islanders. :smile:

Let’s use this thread for all NHL talk until the Stanley Cup is won.

There will be a separate thread for the playoff pool picks.

3 Likes

I’m OK with that. I’ve never really had a problem with the Isles. Always liked Mike Bossy. R.I.P.

4 Likes

may the best canadian team win.

3 Likes

And I always liked that guy who played for the Kings…what was his name again ??? :grin:

1 Like

John Tonelli

1 Like

In the first round, I will be cheering for (in order that the schedule is presented in the article I was reading, not of how much I like each team):

Panthers
Bolts
Isles
Rangers
Kraken
Wild
Jets
Oilers

1 Like

I actually agree with all of your picks but I can’t seem to get on board with the Oilers. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Well…I remember that era Islanders a little differently. Calling the Oilers a bunch of disrespectful punks one year and then the next year, with the help of Roger Neilson, the Oilers figured out how to beat them.

They were a powerhouse though Bossey, Trottier, Goring, Nystom, Tonelli, Sutter, Potvin, Morrow, Langevin,Lane, Billy Smith, LaFontain.

I will cheer for the Canadian teams but I fear the Leafs are going to meet their nemesis again first round again.

…Go Oilers!!!

3 Likes

Gretzky tells a famous story where he walked by the Islanders dressing room after they won their 4th straight Cup and instead of celebrating the Isles were all exhausted and holding ice-packs.

Then Gretzky told Messier that they need to look like that if they want to win a Cup.

2 Likes

there will be no real cheering for me since my team is out on the links and i have no emotional attachment to any team that is in the playoffs other than whoever is playing the leaves. i do believe this is the year the cup comes back to canada courtesy of mr McDavid and the oilers.

1 Like

No it’s not him . I think his name was something like Butch Gretzky or something like that . :smile:

1 Like

Never heard of him.

I do however have a Wayne Goring jersey. :smile:

1 Like

agree with wanting

Panthers
Isles
Kraken

Either Knights or Jets. is good for me.
either Rangers or Devils is good for me
either Stars or Wild is good for me

however, I want

Kings

boo to both Leafs and Lightning

1 Like

You’ll have to puck between the Jets and Knights. No ties allowed.

And Happy Birthday to the Old Guy.

1 Like

i could see DJ Smith possibly being let go by the Sens. injuries really hurt them this year though.

And yet another coach falls.

(Blue Jackets fire head coach Larsen Columbus Blue Jackets fire head coach Brad Larsen | TSN)

1 Like

Apparently the fault with the Blues this season lies with their assistant coaches.

(Blues fire assistants MacTavish, Van Ryn St. Louis Blues fire assistant coaches Craig MacTavish and Mike Van Ryn | TSN)

1 Like

woah i didn’t see that coming. the blue jackets sucked yes but they weren’t really expected to be good.

also, Gaudreau is a decent player but he’s not the play driver i suspect the blue jackets thought he was.