2023 NFL playoff discussion thread

I used to like him, but not so much these days

oops

Dallas sticking with Maher. New season of Bill Maher starts Friday (irrelevant but true).

1 Like

I'm going with the bigger picture here even though in this particular example, Gronk is correct.

Of course the mainstream sports media eat this stuff up especially in the run up to the Super Bowl. Other than December when many outlets are mailing it in at the end of their contract year and in August when they are harping about pre-season NFL crap, this is about the worst of times of the year in American sports media.

Gronk is yet another guy most of us had wished would just have gone away like five years ago already. Nope, Gronk has to do his unfunny clown-act as we lead up into the Super Bowl over and above his stupid insurance commercials. For those who are into this dude, I never understood it and I quite simply never run into those people at least in this part of the country.

The bigger picture is when two divas lurk for the brightest spotlights and encounter each other, they fight over it. That's the only reason Gronk is even bothering to say something about his competing arrogant nemesis and diva Aaron Rodgers.

SCREW YOU GRONK, and SCREW YOU AARON RODGERS

But at least now they have found each other, which they always do, and now they can take each other down for all we care.

2 Likes

Kirk Cousins just tied Aaron Rodgers in 4th Quarter comebacks. Let that one sink in.

Rodgers has always been a frontrunner that basically tolds when faced with adversity.

It shows in his record against top defences.

So I’m not surprised he thinks he could be great “in the right situation”. He’s like LeBron James. Has no issue taking the credit for winning but when he loses he needs more help.

2 Likes

No, You Can't Use A Blade of Grass To Mark The Spot of the Ball?

Now this is dumb, for a blade of grass is not a "foreign object" and it's not being used on the surface of the actual ball before the snap either.

But the rule does not state "foreign object" and is more general and strict in its language.

But is not the grass, a piece of artificial surface, or dirt part of the game?

Get a life NFL and enforce some real rules.

1 Like

hey slowpoke, I beat you by almost 6hrs with this story :slight_smile:

Hey dude, maybe you started a new thread maybe another thread, it’s hard to keep track but better to use existing threads.

It’s also helpful to be specific about the subject in the thread instead of “Well This Is Dumb” and the like.

See you around.

Try to contribute and comment more on topic too.

1 Like

why?

What existing thread?

Got a problem with creativity?

Anticlimactic End of An Era In Tampa Bay

Certainly as follows is nothing unexpected as they blow up that sinking ship in Tampa Bay, but I don’t see things improving necessarily under the current coach with a looming new quarterback anyway. That defense certainly has problems too.

It almost always takes time to build around a new quarterback including especially one who is not an elite veteran, but maybe they will go fishing for yet another seasoned veteran?

After an 8-9 regular season and a quick playoff exit, Buccaneers head coach Todd Bowles is making a change to his staff.

Bowles fired offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich on Thursday, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. The team later announced the move, along with a slew of personnel changes.

In addition to Leftwich, five assistants were dismissed, including running backs coach Todd McNair and assistant defensive line coach Lori Locust, and three others retired, including quarterbacks coach Clyde Christensen.

1 Like

Jags and Bengals be like:

1 Like

After the game, Mahomes said there is no official prognosis and insisted he will be good to go for the AFC Championship Game.

On Sunday, Mahomes got an MRI that showed the injury is a high ankle sprain, CBS Sports NFL Insider Jonathan Jones reports. Mahomes maintains that he will be ready to go for Sunday’s title game.

Mahomes has one advantage if Buffalo wins that he does not have if Cincinnati wins and the game is in Kansas City - the weather in Atlanta in an indoor game!

Oh well just you wait for the scorching hot takes on other media on Monday morning and all week about this matter!

1 Like

In Kansas City, we will have a game situation with multiple quirks in the AFC Championship on Sunday evening.

The obvious anomaly is the situation with Mahomes. Mahomes indeed will play, but it is obvious he won’t be the same. I have to wonder if the Chiefs are training a quarterback on the roster for Team Jumbo situations just to keep Mahomes fresher, for after Mahomes’ injury the Chiefs stayed away from short yardage line-ups against the Jaguars.

Then there is this anomaly, though perhaps some don’t see it or would not agree.

Notice the Bengals prevailed at home against the weaker edition of the Ravens only after it was 17-17 at the end of the third quarter. Many of us expected a tough fight against such a divisional rival, but some of us expected the Bengals to look better than they did.

Like some, I was not impressed and so I picked against the Bengals against the high-flying Bills.

Then yesterday given the conditions of the field in Buffalo, they strangely seemed to favour the Bengals rather than the Bills in what was an NFL skate-around. Notice the Bengals rushed for 172 yards to Buffalo’s lowly 63.

On the turf in Kansas City, I am not seeing the Bengals having any such unexpected advantage as in Buffalo even if it snows there.

Of course slippery conditions would work heavily against Mahomes all the more for his mobility even to throw especially on the run or moving around the pocket as he does so well.

And so now it’s as if we will see the Bengals play for the first time in the playoffs against a genuinely good team AND on neutral field conditions unlike surprisingly in the game in Buffalo.

1 Like

And for all the hot air especially in the last two weeks about it, that neutral site playoff game chatter has finally been put to a slow and painful overdue death!

And for some of the associated commenters and all the HOT TAKES on what was merely hypothetical, we are mercifully spared until perhaps they are triggered anew to chime in on something else after lurking quietly, holding up their angry reserves and not commenting here and there like most people, by some other "nontroversy" or any given anticipated event after the fact.
:unamused:

Those dudes can eat it again already too.
:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Bengals took it personally

2 Likes

And they were on legitimate grounds too and used that discussion for motivation, but some of the other HOT TAKES wow!

1 Like

Some follow up news on Mahome's ankle injury. Too early to tell but there is a realistic chance he won't play.

Hmmm …we shall see. As it is early in the week, the Chiefs would lose nothing with a decoy tactic, which is common after a major player’s injury when there remains some chance he will be back and often does make that “surprise” appearance.

They can hold out with this information for a few days until the deadline when any injured players out must be declared.

I figure Mahomes will be 80% at best and as long as he can move around some, they will manage though I would not be surprised to see Henne spell him for a few plays.

Mahomes is why I posted the Curt Schilling "bloody sock" thing during the game too. If there is no danger of further injury there are ways of making it not hurt or hurt enough to bother him either. With one or possibly two games left before the off season, it may well be a risk worth running for the bonus money......

Meanwhile Joe Burrow lights another cigar and waits

2 Likes