2023 NFL playoff discussion thread

yea i’m not surprised they changed that for playoffs. good thing.

WE WANT THE BALL AND WERE GONNA SCORE!

Yes that was discussed after the Chiefs/Bills unsatisfactory OT at great length including on here. It was no surprise that they changed the rule which most of us thought they would do.

2 Likes

One man's perspective on the value of the QB's in this year's playoffs.

Daniel Jones ahead of Lawrence and Prescott on that list is ridiculous. Prescott ranking below Cousins near the bottom is absurd.

1 Like

It must be because he has been throwing way too many IT’s this year. If he stops doing that he would be top 5 as his offense usually scores tons of points.

1 Like

yea i was wondering if it was also his small sample size this year due to injury.

The NEW NFL All-Pro Team

This team before was always the real deal as compared to that “Pro Bowl” crap too.

Now this is the team that only the players decide, and they know the real score.

For the first time, the NFL Players Association has released its own All-Pro team recognizing the best players from the regular season.

I am surprised they still choose a fullback, which was an almost dead position at least 15 years ago and is used chiefly only on short yardage and goal line situations often with motion as a wing back or as an extra tight end.

1 Like

looks like Atlanta will be the AFC championship game neutral site choice if needed

2 Likes

HATE this selection - that’s not an NFL town at all but for fair-weather fans

One reason they may have chosen Atlanta, other than it’s an indoor facility, is that for travel they are likely to mitigate or avoid delays unlike for a game in a place like Chicago.

1 Like

I’m not sure if you mean travel time because of geographical location, but Atlanta remains the busiest airport in the world so O ‘Hare remains a better option.

I meant geographically due to weather in the winter. It’s uncommon for a snowstorm or ice storm to hit Atlanta. I know, I have seen it once when on business there and once when living there, and of course they freak out at any snow down south anyway, but it’s not routine like Chicago.

Otherwise for sake of those airports, they are both a mess like other hubs though Atlanta usually edges out even O’Hare as the worst in congestion in the US. I don’t see that reality factoring into this decision at all though unlike the matter of weather.

1 Like

I spent 8 hours on Super Bowl Sunday in 2019 at O’Hare due to weather delays. The time before that in 2013 there was a four hour delay due to a thunderstorm. I’ve never been to Atlanta. I love Denver’s airport.

2 Likes

38 hrs ....tick tick tick

Minneapolis would have been a good choice, big airport and their stadium will be free after this weekend.....

Sadly it looks like the chargers may be playing for Staley's safety the way some people are out of control these days. Already a lot of anger being expressed over his playing Williams who injured his back in the last game.

i'm am so freakin' stoked for NFL playoffs and saturday football. i got my eats but i need to go make a beer run tomorrow before game time.

1 Like

I have a good deal going for January. Because I was seriously ill last week but began to recover on Friday, I am off from work this weekend by doctor’s orders.

I was supposed to have next weekend off, but instead because I have been gone from work so long I get the last weekend of January off too.

I’m starting to feel this cabin fever though in trying to avoid cold or damp weather even though until today it as 10C or warmer for much of the year so far, but I will get out tomorrow before the games start later.

1 Like

so anyhow.

this weekend I will be cheering for

Bills, Chargers, Bengals

Minn, but not with much confidence
Against Dallas
Can both Seattle and SF lose?

not sure which sport you are watching, but for NFL football the vikings are not playing cowboys. vikings are playing giants and bucs are playing cowboys. also, how can both seahawks and 49ers lose if they are playing each other.

yes, it was a separate comment.

Want Minni to win
Want Dallas to lose, therefore I am against them

Just wishful thinking re seattle and SF

sometimes I am not clear, my bad

1 Like