2023 Lions free agent signings/ re-signings

i like that he and Adams have history together and i think a full training camp for both will be very beneficial for both. i wasn’t expecting the Lions to make a huge splash with free agency. getting Couture and Schleuger was good because need to replace big Fig.

2 Likes

Schleuger will do good work for the Lions.
Can/has played T or G.

2 Likes

To me, a big part of the Leos' chances in 2023 hinge on whether Stove Richardson is healthy...and wants to return to play. Heard rumblings he's going to retire. He missed all of 2022 with an Achilles injury (re-injuring the same heel just before he was scheduled to return to play).

Simply put, we're too light at defensive tackle, which makes it easier for teams to run on us. We need someone like Stove (or a Ted Laurent-type) who's going to draw a double team and be able to stuff the run. Yea, I like guys like Woody Baron (270 lbs), Nathan Cherry (245 lbs), Josh Banks (290 lbs), and Tibo Debaillie (285 lbs). We can get decent pressure but for the most part, we lack the girth to get a good push on the pass rush and plug up the middle on run D.

It's a concern I've had for the past number of years.

1 Like

Nobody wanted him and now they can't have him. Solid move to add Sean Lemon. Sad that he will make less then Max Betts.

Odell must be thinking.

I still think they did well replacing everyone that left except Butler. Don’t know what they have planned there but I guess we will find out…

It’s going to be a great, wide-open competition at camp. The only familiar CFL name (if you’re an Als fan) is Tavien Feaster who played briefly last year with that club. He will be up against a couple of back who have NFL experience. Gregory “Buddy” Howell Jr. (Rams) and Antonio Williams (Bills).

All 3 backs are in the 215lb - 220lb range.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Be interesting to see how the RB does. He got cut earlier this month by the DC Defenders, granted they are 8-1 in the twice failed league. Granted he was backing up Abram Smith who has 744 yards through 9 games and is leading the Twice Failed League in rushing. So Calais might have just needed some time to get on the field and to carry the ball.

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

I wonder if he has a shot at making the roster or if he is just there as training camp fodder and to throw the ball to receivers? Post Nathan I am interested to see what happens at QB.

1 Like

Lions have a history of finding diamonds in the rough at these US camps. Cam Wake exhibit A.

that QB is a big dude.

Erickson was signed after attending the team’s free agent camp in Seattle last weekend. The six-foot-four, 225-pound pivot played 11 games over two seasons at the University of San Diego, completing 136-of-254 passes for 1,749 yards and 14 touchdowns against ten interceptions. He transferred from Colorado State, where he made his collegiate debut in 2019.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

i like this guy

1 Like

glad they found a place for Eberhardt. i expect he’l get called up from the practice roster as soon as they need another receiver.

2 Likes