2022 Elks Regular Season

Yeah, if you go to CFL.ca and click on the Game banner to go to Gamecenter they always have the depth chart submitted to the league posted, which should be the same but I always take it as the correct one.

Kinda looks to me like camp got a little too competitive and guys went into that Calgary game tired and a little beat up and we paid for it with injuries.

1 Like

Carter got hurt first day of camp and Cobb was carted off in the Calgary game. Didnā€™t see highlights but the radio guys said it didnā€™t look good at all, They had an air splint on before they moved him so that says 6 weeks plus.

Almost as disastrous as it can get. After all the hype to come out and lay an egg like that. Expect some changes.

Worst thing is the buzz kill for the fans.

Konar did not cut it as MLB imo and just as well for DC that he wasnā€™t on the field. He wouldnā€™t have made a big difference and would have been roasted along with the others.

Walker, Lawler, and Manny looked okay. LT Garcia did not.

all those guys in camp and that was the best we could find?
train-wreck-1

4 Likes

???

yes

O.K. I understand now. You meant come second in the games they play this year.

2 Likes

I have said before several times how important the Free Safety is in a defence in the CFL. When he canā€™t dohis job the MLB is the guy who looks like crap because heā€™s the guy trying to do everything, and he canā€™t do anything well without help.

Simply - the whole team (Receivers and running backs excepted) looked woefully unprepared. Canā€™t fix that in a weekā€¦

Next game? Against the Riders? Bloodbath. Only way I would bet that is on the points spread at 50+ā€¦

2 Likes

So, here I am going home from work listening via the Vancouver homer station via Canada Talks, and it's 21 to 6 BC and that was bad enough.

Then by the time I settle in to catch the rest of the game at the half it is 42-6 BC. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

At that point, I'm like to heck with this I'll watch something else!

Well, you all have said much and accurately, but indeed did our Elks stink up that BC Place to the Lions nearby.

Much to do, much to do ... :roll_eyes: :unamused: :worried:

Unfortunately, there is no quick fix for what I saw last night. Even overweight and out of shape Hoover would have at least made the right call to stop the QB sneak that BC scored on what 3 times?

2 Likes

17 late points makes it sound worse than it was. Elks held their own for most of the third quarter and some of the fourth.

looking over the free agent list I see Don Unamba, Cordarro Law, and Frankie Williams that would fit in. Not sure if Williams is healthy or interested.

Bear Woods if it gets worse.

Hard to judge the MLB, when the whole defense sucked. Dline not filling their gaps. Applon getting injured early and having to go with a smaller WLB, didnā€™t help either.

Awww poor Squishy :laughing:ā€¦ normally Iā€™d have something positive to say but THAT was a bad beat down. Thereā€™s nowhere to go but up now. Keep smilinā€™ man.

3 Likes

Sorry Max but that looked just like last year. The Keystone Cops routine is getting tiring to watch. It was like week 3 of preseason really.

The team looked unprepared. That is the most worrying part. They were not ready in any way to play that game, and that is not the players faultā€¦

Free Safety is the other huge part. If the free safety doesnā€™t do his part you donā€™t cover down, you miss cover assignments, and the opposition can run QB sneaks for big yards.

2 Likes

By ā€˜unpreparedā€™ you mean ā€˜uncookedā€™ right?

(sorry)

1 Like

More like cold dead meat on a paper plateā€¦

3 Likes

:laughing:

Speaking of cold cuts, I guess it should be interesting to find out about any more cuts this week or who is slid onto that 1-game ā€œinjuryā€ list?

Donā€™t know yet. Itā€™s a bit of a delicate thing for the coach now. I think they need to watch who gets head down tail up and gets to work. I am sure there will be changes but you gotta try to balance that with the ā€œhereā€™s what we need from youā€ stuff. Itā€™s a bit of a tight rope act.

Tough week to be a coachā€¦

1 Like

Via the transactions on the team website, look at the moves today.

If Wilder goes out, who backs him up?

Appolon is out after his first-ever start, so how's that look now at WLB!? I'm thinking the Roughriders will be throwing or passing left a lot!

For the train wreck this is shaping up to be on home turf, I do not agree at all with those who think Chris Jones lasts all season. The locals certainly will not be amused after that disaster in Week 1.

6th round pick in 2023 acquired
American running back Walter Fletcher traded

American offensive lineman Antonio Garcia released
American wide receiver Caleb Holley released

National defensive back Ethan Makonzo signed
National linebacker Wesly Appolon added to 6-game injured list
National quarterback Michael Beaudry added to practice roster