2022 Elks Off Season

Speaking of fans of your team… they did this just now:

Well done Elks! :partying_face:

3 Likes

A huge Congratulations Edmonton Elks, more important, a Huger Humongouser Congratulations to the Edmonton fans.
Lead the way, show the rest of the league, True CFL fandom.

3 Likes

Big name signing with Martavious Bryant being added. Been awhile but still young. 6'4" so maybe this is the other corner.

Curious how Kenny Lawler feels. Money up front might have been a good idea.

2 Likes

Was hoping we'd see Bryant in the CFL last season when he signed with the Argos, but he did not show-up; very nice NFL resume - we shall see if that can translate to the CFL game or if the guy is still serious about playing pro ball = in shape and proper attitude to learn the CFL game.

Lots of question mark areas for Jones to address still - lots of spots on D, kicking game for sure. Also be interesting to see where/who he looks at with the draft; #1 overall is nice; and hopefully he has somebody on his scouting / personnel staff with a good idea of Canadian talent (that he might not have).

Outstanding news about the EE season ticket sales; be great to see Commonwealth close to full again.

1 Like

Going to say for the record that I think Manny makes the team as one of the inside slots.

Ratio considerations may be the only issue barring an injury.

Assuming Jones wants to address ‘ratio considerations’ sooner rather than later are you thinking a ‘trade’ might be in the works? A high Canadian draft choice in the upcoming draft might not start right away (or might bolt to the NFL).

Jones might be able to deal the #1 overall for a proven or somewhat proven Canadian starter; but maybe not too.

Not sure where his 7 only will be? Probably love to go with just one Canadian on D (Hoover?); and then would need 6 on O = 4 O-linemen + 2 receivers; in that case, might have his pencilled-in guys already.

1 Like

Jones is definitely going for size. This year’s Elks will be kicking sand in our faces.

Milanovic-Litre will be one. Signing both Stef Charles and Mak Henry makes me think they will play in a rotation. I liked Joe Dirt (Hoover) last year.

Leaves 4 with plenty of Oline options and a good group of Canadian receivers to choose from.

Not sure who they will be but there will be 4 Import receiver sets at times.

Ok then; thanks for the input.

M-Litre played tailback for the Stamps; and he was not a full-time starter, but the change of pace guy for Carey. You think he is going to be the main RB for the EE to count as one of the 7 only thinking & ratio requirement? Even if they were to use him as a fullback/ H-back, can’t see that being even close to a full-time position in their offence. Either way - can’t see him being one of their 7 starting Nationals.

They could go with Charles/Henry/Nelson platoon to have a full-time NI D-Line spot; and then still Hoover at safety? - for 2 on D; and then either 3 or 4 O-Linemen and one or two at receiver ?

I assumed Milanovic-Litre would line up at fullback similar to the Calvin McCarty role of years gone by. I could be wrong on that.

Wilder is the man, Walter Fletcher the future.

Double E/E back on the helmet

4 Likes

YES! The old helmets had nothing wrong with them! I'll take it! Life is getting better already!

2 Likes

Though I like the Elks branding, the helmet logo never needed to change.

It retains the history of the team

4 Likes

It looks beautiful!! I have no idea why it needed to change away from an iconic logo last season.
Who knows, maybe the name is next.....

Interesting choice of Derel Walker's number. I like it.

1 Like

Coke…New Coke…:boom::sparkles:Coke Classic :sparkles::boom:

1 Like

How 'bout the old EE logo…

…with the antlers (nice rack).

1 Like

…or maybe more rack than logo to give it that ‘animal look’?

EdmontonElksEE2