2022 CFL GCC Semi Final

The following two games are on tap:

Hamilton at Montreal
Sunday, November 6th Noon Central

Calgary at BC
Sunday, November 6th 3:30 Central

Anyone may pick but only the top 8 are in the running for the coveted Hugh Campbell Award. If any of the top 8 do not pick then the first wildcard followed by the second wildcard will be in the running. So the top ten will want to make sure to pick.

The bottom four will be eliminated after this week’s games. The remaining four will pick the Eastern and Western Finals. Two more will then be eliminated and the remaining two will pick the GC game

As a reminder below is a screenshot of the top 8 and two wildcards.

I wasn’t around last year so to be as clear as possible I am also including a link to Abbey’s rules from last year.

Good luck to all!

https://forums.cfl.ca/t/2021-cfl-gcc-semi-final/74934?u=jon

3 Likes

Going to go with:

Hamilton - peaking at the right time
BC - close, but giving the Lions the edge for home field advantage.

Now that you know my picks you know who not to pick.

1 Like

Even though I am not in the running I still make the picks for fun.

Montreal
BC

Thanks Jon

1 Like

My picks are:
Hamilton
Calgary

1 Like

Just For Shiltz:

Hamilton
BC

Thanks Jon

1 Like

Montreal and Calgary go to the divisional finals

1 Like

TiCats :tiger:

Lions :lion:

Thanks guys! :+1:

1 Like

^
What he said :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :tiger: :lion:

5 Likes

Well I need to make up ground, so:

Montreal at home over Hamilton (This will be the typical “perfect” game for Trevor Harris, probably followed by the typical dud in the EF)

Calgary over BC - this is the game plan: Give the ball to Cary. He will run. Give the ball to Logan. He will run it. Wes Hill. Same thing. To change it up, in goes Tommy Steven’s (BC won’t see it coming but he going to run it too.)

Thanks to everyone who put the time in putting this together!:+1:t2::clap:t2::ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes

Just in case 6 of the folks ahead of me in the final standings decide not to participate, I'm going with Hamilton and BC.

It's not a huge stretch to see Montreal and/or Calgary win, however. Let's hope for two great games.

Big thanks to Jon and Abbey (wherever you are) for operating the 2022 GCC. It's a lot of fun for those of us who make picks.

5 Likes

I’m ‘The Third Spot’ otherwise known in Quebec as, ‘Da Turd Spot’.

Hamilton
BC

Thanks a bunch Jon. :smiley: :+1:

4 Likes

My rookie season here has provided much entertainment, from the euphoria of a perfect week to the crushing humiliation of going 1-3. A late season slump ended all hopes early. My sponsors dumped me around week 15, disappointed with the results they were getting, so it was tough slogging the rest of the way. I'll continue on, hoping that if I ace the play-offs I can hold my head high again (without drugs).

Mont--Really undecided here, should be close, so I'm going with the home team
Calgary--This hurts but over the last 9 games BC is 4-5 & Cal is 6-3. Sad fact.

And yes, thanks to all concerned for the effort. :+1::+1:

3 Likes

I'm closing my eyes to all pre- posted predictions.... going out on my own

Montreal because I want them to go up against Toronto.

BC fresh blood in the playoffs

Still, I thank all I've cheated from.
Thanks Jon and all others who assisted both directly and indirectly, I had a blast and looking forward to next year.
My work is not done yet, I have the #1 wildcard position honor to uphold, no one in my family has EVER achieved such status :jack_o_lantern::fireworks::tada::sparkler::jack_o_lantern:. Best of luck to the top dogs and cats.

5 Likes

Mtl
Cal

1 Like

Hamilton
Calgary

1 Like

Hamilton
Calgary

1 Like

Montreal
Calgary

1 Like

Hamilton
BC

1 Like

Montreal
BC

1 Like

Shouldn’t you open your eyes and go with what “got you here?”. Namely copying better prognosticators! (Was such a wise move!)

1 Like