2022 CFL GCC Divisional Finals

In the event of a tie the regular season records are the tiebreaker. That means we go in order of the final regular season standings. So Aulcee has the first tiebreaker, I have the second, Papa the third and Cfluk cannot win any tiebreaker. The brackets or perfect weeks mean nothing. I was confused myself (I did not participate last year) but have confirmed this with both Abbey and Capital Dave.

1 Like

So if Montreal wins this week, not only does Aulcee move into a tie with CFlukb... with the tie breaker in hand he effectively wins the CFL GCC contest.

But if Montreal loses this week, CFlukb will still be in the lead but he'll have to pick the Grey Cup winner or lose to Jon (that's you) who's got the tie breaker after that. Papa would finish second and CFlukb would finish third.

Is this correct Jon? The World needs to know. :beaver:

But if Montreal loses this week, CFlukb will still be in the lead but he'll have to pick the Grey Cup winner or lose to Jon (that's you) who's got the tie breaker after that. Papa would finish second and CFlukb would finish third.

I've checked the rules.....the #1 wildcard then becomes the winner.

1 Like

Remind me (I'm confused) who would be the #1 wildcard at that point?

Remember that two more are eliminated after this week and the final two move on to pick the GC winners. They also pick the score as a tiebreaker.

2 Likes

Cup is toying with you as he is the #1 wildcard and as such has been eliminated.

1 Like

Nooooo!!!!

3 Likes

To think you sold your soul for nothing! :grinning:

2 Likes

I feel Munch better.

3 Likes

Stop the steal! stop the steal!

3 Likes

They have all the combos covered this week:

1 Like

That they do. It’s funny that only Cauz picked the combination that is the prevailing one picked in this thread.

Well I have to go with Chris O'Leary here . BC vs Mtl Grey Cup '22'

If im reading it, right, with 3 of us picking the same. One of us cant go through regardless, so maybe for that person its worth changing a pick?

As it stands if Toronto win im safe.
I should keep quiet really but feel its worth saying.

I will edit if im wrong, let me know.

Good luck all, thanks again all involved, all pickers and the 3 running this.

2 Likes

I have looked at it and believe you are correct, although this is the first time I have participated. Because of your 2-0 week you certainly have the edge and I think are guaranteed to move on. If Montreal wins then Aulcee and you will move on. If Toronto wins then you and I will move on. If someone needs to change their pick it is Papa who cannot move on under the current scenario. He needs to pick Montreal (or BC) to have a chance.

I could do likewise but will not. I had the same opportunity two weeks ago to try and beat Aulcee out for the regular season title but did not change my picks. I picked first intentionally in order to avoid second guessing myself. I picked the two teams I think will win this weekend and will not change no matter what anyone else does. If I was in Papa’s position I don’t know if I would think differently or not. That is, if my picks had already guaranteed my elimination. The rules are that anyone can change their picks up until game time so they can certainly do so if they wish.

3 Likes

I thought so. Any of the combination to me are legitimate as the 6 picks by the cfl website suggests and kindly added by Dave every week.

1 Like

I'm out but what the heck.

Montreal
Winnipeg

1 Like

Remember that two more are eliminated after this week and the final two move on to pick the GC winners. They also pick the score as a tiebreaker.

[/quote]

The above quote by Jon is correct. Cheers Abbey

2 Likes

Mortal Lock
Montreal by 16

50/50
Winnipeg by 9

I'm out too 60YearFan. My nothingburger picks are:

Toronto (Andrew Harris wills them to win)
Winnipeg (fate has spoken)