2022 CFL Draft position rankings

So the draft is less than two weeks away. Other than just mocks, I like looking at the rankings for players at each position. Curious to hear who people like at each position. Below are QB/RB/FB rankings, definitely curious to see where Ford winds up, among others:

1 Like

I can see da Bombers taking a special teamer or a run blocker to replace Andrew Harris on offense (not that I have any business speaking for Kyle Walters)... so tight end Chase Arseneau it is. :smiley: :+1:

About as brilliant a first round draft pick as Jake Burt was last year; CFL teams using first rounders on part-time positions that are lucky to see the field on 20% of snaps. Ultra myopic IMO; but it is the CFL draft and mind-sets we're talking here.

And Machart is the best RB in this class IMO; outstanding production in CanWest ball with a superb yards/carry average; Adeboboye is the bigger back if that the main concern but his production in college ball was nowhere near as good as Machart's.

1 Like

They'd be a great choice even though we're up to our armpits in really good Canadian running backs. Fortunately for Walters he's running a team that's flush with Canadian talent so any pick that sticks will probably hit the mark either this year or next.

1 Like

Valvano fills that spot (blocking back/Teams).
I think we need a Canadian DLman. I don't think we have one behind Jakey.

1 Like

Okay... if Jakey's shakey who would we takey?

Wasn't suggesting the Bombers look at Machart when they have Augustine, Oliveira & Borsa; just saying a pick on a more full-time positional player could be way more valuable than a blocking H-back - especially with first few rounds picks.

Like a D-Lineman to replace what Kongbo brought: Knight (Western) has that kinda dual DE / DT capability perhaps (but he might draw NFL interest or be gone earlier?); Cherry at DT; Frederico, Archibald or Pickett at DE maybe ?

1 Like

Plenty of possibilities all right. It's what's still on the table by pick #9 that concerns Walters. Some of those guys you mentioned will probably be on his shopping list (which I'd like to see). Nothing wrong with taking a DT in the first round but I think a top notch Canadian QB prospect would be worth a look or two.

A Canadian QB ? - by the Bombers ??? They had the chance to draft Adam Sinagra last year, but passed (to draft special teamer or back-up DB types instead) - and when they had SFA proven at the position on their depth chart - can't see them changing their tune their now - if they have the opportunity to draft Tre Ford ?

1 Like

Things change. I'm liking the changes going on with the Bombers over the last 4 or 5 years. Whoever Walters takes won't surprise me a bit. :smiley:

1 Like