2022 CBA Thread

It may give incentive to Canadian players to play harder to stay as a starter. If they play better than an American in that position, coach will play them, ratio or not.

1 Like

This and if there is someone really good on board in second round in cis then team can draft him or use 2nd round pick as trade bait

Good news Okie! Thanks for keeping us up to date! :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

He/they do and unlike other ā€œconventionalā€ media sources, they arenā€™t cheerleaders for the league and call out crap when itā€™s there

1 Like

The teams will still have to dress roughly the same amount of Canadians anyway. Probably just added insurance for the teams in the event of injury.

Probably a solid deal. Hopefully players vote it thru

1 Like

Itā€™s almost amusing how these different media personalities bicker over some of these details, depending on the perspective they are coming from. Also funny how some insist the players are looking out for future players when they bargain, which is basically BS. In the post I am replying to some like Derek Taylor are saying that this new deal does nothing for the current players, which is the same thing being said about the draft pick bonus now being reported as included.

There are many portions of the agreement that can be criticized and praised by both sides and the fans. What matters to me is that they get it done and it appears that may be the case. Yay to that.

Iā€™m not sure if the union and its leadership realize that any deal they reach will never be better than the one they voted down, even if a few cards in the deck have been shuffled. And it was only going to get worse. Take it and play I say before we get to a point from which it will be difficult or impossible to recover from.

2 Likes

3 down nation are definitely NOT CFL cheerleaders. Many of the ā€œwritersā€ seem to be Rogerā€™s Sportsnet hacks and crap on the league any chance they get.

2 Likes

Dunk works for local news station outside of 3down

1 Like
4 Likes

The ratio will remain unchanged in 2022 ā€” as was also the case under last weekā€™s tentative agreement ā€” before allowing two veteran American players to rotate with Canadian starters for up to 49 percent of snaps in 2023.

The league also has the option to increase the number of veteran Americans who can rotate with Canadian starters from two to three in 2024.

2 Likes

There are some that fit that moniker (one certain contributer who shall remain nameless) for sure, but the rest of the guys on there are passionate about all things Canadian Football But donā€™t work for TSN/Bell so they donā€™t have to tow the company line.
Dunk has done broadcasts for USports including the Vanier Cup on CBC as well as working for a local news organization

2 Likes
1 Like

Best way to explain the duties of the CFLPA -----you need to imagine you have 3 walnuts in your pocket, both the CFL & Players want two of them???

2 Likes

I thought you were going for they are both nuts because after this past week, I might be inclined to agree

3 Likes

Farhan Lalji answering the question of how the 49% will be tracked?

That 49 % thing has to be the most idiotic thing since Disney's Star Wars movies (except Rogue One).

3 Likes

The best post Star Wars trilogy movie ever. They shouldā€™ve named that movie ā€œRogue Noneā€ because all the heroes died in that espionage act

1 Like

Do 51% of those appearing in the movies need to be from the Galactic Empire? Cause otherwise young people wonā€™t want to join if other nameless entities are to be believed

1 Like
7 Likes

Is this good?

@cfl must now vote on the deal.

1 Like