2022 CBA Thread

Here’s my thought.. who’s to say US college players are better then Canadian players… they played 4 downs cis and Canada play 3 we have different roles they have to adjust the cis and Canadian players don’t..

1 Like

But…a marquee that didn’t count on the cap might leave a lot more on the table for other veterans.

I am encouraged though by the lack of news. Probably means they are talking.

1 Like

Farhan Lalji says while he has no insider knowledge, he thinks/hopes a deal will get done today.

Lalji believes that if there is no deal and games are lost, the owners will try to crush the union.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/TimCBaines/status/1529882355627921408

2 Likes

Well, when the CFLPA said "no we won't vote again because this is the same proposal repackaged and it won't be ratified." they were making their stand. And saying "we are hurting ourselves and the brand if we put this to a vote and have it voted down" is dead on the money.

Hopefully they get to where they at least move on while waiting for a vote and we get a little football this week.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/jon_prevost/status/1529882303522037760

Though I'm not trilled with the 49% ratio coming back, if it's the only path to get a deal done today so be it.

I'm guessing the number of starters will stay at 7 as opposed to 8 from the last agreement. This will mathematically give the owners what they want while not losing any starters which will be a win for the players.

This thing is crazy but might just be enough to work........

Fingers crossed . . . .

4 Likes

Last chance Louie!
Hope it passes!! :crossed_fingers:
Kudo's to @okie,
Excellent coverage, much appreciated :+1:

2 Likes

Nothing about the ratio? You know? The biggest issue in this whole mess?

2 Likes

1 Like
1 Like

Starting to follow 3 down nation more for updates. Hodge seems to have better sources willing to spill than TSN.

3 Likes

I like the draft pick idea

1 Like

Why should the players care about an extra draft pick?

1 Like