2022-10-28 Game Tracker - BC Lions vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers (6288)

BC Lions

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/games/6288/bc-lions-vs-winnipeg-blue-bombers/

Quite likely a preview of the West final, but the biggest questions will be who sits. Which team has the better back ups and third-stringers?

I guess the Rhymes vs Schoen race for receiving yards leader will provide some subplot to the game.

1 Like

Normally we would see the Bombers mail in their results for the season finale, but because of the what happened the last time out against the Lions. We will have a much different effort. I believe they will want to prove a point and go in to the playoffs on a high note. Look for the Bombers to beat the Lions 36 to 18.

1 Like

BC still has to get past the Stamps... Or the Stamps have to get past BC... Either way the play off system needs to be addressed to promote the best two teams to have the greatest chance to be in the Cup final not an easy vs west thing

Whoa… extra cool avatar @MN_Bombers. Likely both teams start starters, as the game progresses vet’s will slowly find the sideline of safety, just enough work to keep the rust at bay. Nobody wants to see ANYONE injured. Play well, play hard, play fair…keep it clean guys.

3 Likes

Keep it clean and don’t lose your minds when Nathan Rourke trots out onto the field to take a snap or two.

2 Likes
3 Likes

If they have recovered well enough to play this weekend give them as much play as they need to get back to game ready. Really need them both for Western final.

2 Likes

WeGotTheCup also. They will definitely need some reps this week. They are clutch guys and will be relied upon in the WF for sure. Warm up those hands boys.

And on the defensive side, hopefully Jackson Jeffcoat and Deatrick Nichols return. Maybe Thiadric Hansen?

2 Likes

Hansen was still in a walking boot at practice today. Jeffcoat was dressed and practicing. I didn’t notice Nichols.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up on that.
No Nichols. Not a good sign. I had heard that he missed the BC game due to a family issue.
Hope he and his family are ok.

Just saw injury report…Deatrick Nichols full participant. Yes.

But now Malik Clements DNP…personal matter.

Perhaps lost in the "Bombers rested so many starters against BC" narrative 2 weeks ago is that BC was missing 8 starters themselves due to injury (and Friday against the Elks as well).

Not sure if they will have Lucky and Burnham back in the lineup (if one or the other, I would put my money on Burnham coming back). Also, standout defensive end Obum Gwatcham should be ready (FB David Mackie, G Phillip Norman, C Delvin Breaux, and DT Josh Banks were the other injured starters - status unclear).

All eyes, however, will be on the quarterback position. They will want to get some of the rust off Rourke but not jeopardize him for the West Semi Finals by playing him too much. One quarter of work would be my guess.

3 Likes

I guess I wasn’t clear. I didn’t notice Nichols but they were running scrimmages in three locations with everyone on the field. Too many to keep track of.

https://forums.cfl.ca/t/bomber-news-and-discussion-2022-other-than-free-agency/76556/1358?u=jon

Above is today’s injury report. Of note both Jeffcoat and Nichols practiced full.

It is my understanding that both Hansen and Nick Taylor are done for the year though.

2 Likes

update on Rourke per Farhan

and others

4 Likes

Wow, things are really coming together for the Lions. Calgary will have to be on top of their game in the WSF.

5 Likes

1 Like

Bombers are getting some key players back at the right time.

1 Like

Yes, they and the Lions both. Should be an excellent matchup should the Lions advance to the West Final.

4 Likes