2022-10-08 Game Tracker - BC Lions vs. Toronto Argonauts (6277)

I become an Argos fan this week

Game Notes PDF

Since '61, the Lions have really had the Argos' number, with a record of 60-38-2, including a winning record of 28-22 in game played in Toronto.

In the last three games vs the Argos, the Lions have scored an average of almost 43 points. The Argos scored much less, but they won one of the three.

The West is 20-8 vs the East this season.

Team Notes for Week #18 ‐ Game #76 Toronto vs BC: 
Game #100: This game marks the 100th time that the Argos and Lions will meet in regular season play back to 1961. 

BC at 5-1 .833 Away from Home: The Lions' .833 winning % on the road trails on Winnipeg at .875. The .833 marks matches their best road performance since 1985 when they were 7-1 .875. They were also .833 in 2016 (7-1-1). 

Now 10-4: The Lions have clinched a playoff spot for the first time since 2018 and seek their first playoff home game since 2016 and second since 2012. With a 10-4 mark Rick Campbell is now 15-13 .536 as BC's head coach and has a chance to record BC's highest win total since 2007 (14-3-1). 

Staying Ahead of Montréal: The 8-6 Argos will be in 1st place after this week again no matter the outcome of this game since they hold a 1-0 edge over the 7-7 Alouettes. What will matter most is their back-to-back set vs Montreal to close out the season. 

Staying Ahead of Calgary: The Lions will be in 2nd place after this week no matter the outcome of this game but can take a big step ahead with a win. A win would reduce BC's magic number to 2 to finish 2nd and host a playoff game - being any combination of 2 BC wins or Calgary losses in the final 3 games.

 James Butler ++: BC's #1 running back has substantially improved his average carry over the last 3 games. The additional almost 2 yards has often resulted in BC being in 2nd-&-4 instead of 2nd-&-6 situations:
CFL 2022 Atts Yards Avg TD
Games #1-11 120 494 4.1 3
Games #12-14 40 233 5.8 2

1 Like

FeeaUcvXwAEyFw6

FeeaUnDWYAEtCma

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

No Rourke, Whitehead or Burnham means TO may have a shot here. Of course it depends on which MBT arrives at the stadium, doesn't it? No other team has even come close to the 2(Cal) & 3(BC) point stinkers MBT has posted. He'll be looking for a rare victory against the West & redemption for last week's total humiliation. VA is improving game by game with his new team. MBT is not.

2 Likes

Absolutely. With MBT and VA I never know which one will be Dr. Jekyll and which one will be Mr. Hyde in any given week, sometimes in any given half.

2 Likes

Pray we don’t have a game with 2 Mr. Hydes at the same time. After yesterday’s clunker we need a good game.

1 Like

neither Burnham nor Lucky have been BC’s best receiver this year. still have to stop Dominique Rhymes and James Butler.

i think you have it mixed up. Dr Jekyll is the bad half, Mr Hyde is good.

1 Like

Oh you know what’s going to happen…

Hamilton will fall backwards into the playoffs and run the table in the East only to fall yet again to Winnipeg in closely fought battle for the Grey Cup. I read the script. :grin:

Game is starting soon and hopefully it will live up to the game of the week billing I gave it.

Watching my first baseball playoff game this year (only since the 9th) and it’s 0-0 Tampa at Cleveland heading to the top of the 12th, with Tampa’s season on the line. At least I’ll have seen one good game today.

1 Like

A hotly contested CFL match with the winner allowing us to lock up first place this evening at home against Edmonton might be too much to ask… so I’ll settle for ONE entertaining game out of two knowing that the second one probably won’t be close.

1 Like

I’m hoping for one entertaining game this weekend. Yesterday’s game was close but almost unwatchable. I really hope to see better play in this next game, which also has playoff implications for both teams.

1 Like

Tim Kroeker (the referee) appears to have been studying Proulx last night. At least so far.