2022-09-24 Game Tracker - Calgary Stampeders vs. BC Lions (6271)

Calgary Stampeders

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/games/6271/calgary-stampeders-vs-bc-lions/#preview

boooyaaaa let’s gooooooo lions! :lion::football:

3 Likes

I am looking forward to this game. Calgary is a very good team. They're always a very good team. And if someone told me at the start of the season the Lions would win the first two games this season against Calgary I wouldn't have believed them. Here we are with Adams at quarterback, which I wouldn't have guessed either, having already shown last week that he's up for his new gig with BC.

Sweeping Calgary? I was somewhat shocked to see the Bombers do that, and now BC has that opportunity?

I hope this isn't lost on the Lions and they come out and show the fan who shows up to BC Place that the Lions are for real, and that you could do far worse on a Saturday night by not buying a ticket and taking in a football game.

And Clearly none of us could've seen the fight between Lucky Whitehead and Cameron Judge in a Calgary parking lot coming... the CFL universe unfolds in strange ways.

1 Like

No we couldn't. But I don't see how that is strange in how the universe unfolds. Athletes don't get angry at one another? Oh, and why even bring that up?

there was no fight in a parking lot. there was a sucker punch on the field at the end of the game and some yelling in the parking lot later. big difference than perpetuating the whole parking lot rumble narrative…

1 Like

No reason sir. Just killing time. Read any good books lately?

I finally read The Kybalion. I say finally because I've been meaning to read it for a long time. lately, I've been re-reading books I've read before, and I'm not sure why. Maybe just for familiarity?

Really? (had to Google "Kybalion")

"The Kybalion : A Study of the Hermetic Philosophy of Ancient Egypt and Greece."

"The Hermeticists believe in one transcendent God and that “All is One” in the universe, though they also believe in the existence of other beings such as aeons, angels and elementals . Hermeticism influenced Judaism, Islam and Christianity, especially the early Christian Gnostics who were considered heretics."

"Aeons bear a number of similarities to Judaeo-Christian angels, including roles as servants and emanations of God, and existing as beings of light."

I wouldn't be surprise to find that L. Ron Hubbard incorporated some Kybalion thinking into Scientology.

1 Like

They also invented the hermetic seal.

1 Like

I don't know enough about Scientology to say, but my feeling is that it would be quite different.

You're probably right (is the safest thing to say).

Southpark had me in stitches with their 'Scientology' episode starring Tom Cruise, R. Kelly and John Travolta (who refused to come out of Stan's closet):

1 Like

scientology whut?

ok back to the game.
normally i don’t pick actual scores, but for fun i’ll go with 37 - 26 for the lions. i don’t think it will be quite as close as the last two meetings.

1 Like

I’m loving a lot of what I’m seeing from BC this year but I’ll be pulling for Calgary.
A Calgary win would get Winnipeg closer to clinching the west and a former student from my school is a rookie for the Stamps.
That said, I’m expecting a great game.

2 Likes

Lions roll
Stamps haven’t beaten anyone over 500 all year the D is laughable and a backup quarterback that should be still a backup
Mix in Dickinsons ability to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory and any possibility of hosting a home playoff game is long gone
Lions by 17

2 Likes

2 Likes

i hope Lions continue to use Butler they way they did last outing and establish a run game to take pressure off VA3, especially now that Stamps won’t have Judge at LB.

i think key for Lions D is stopping Ka’deem Carey. also limit the damage on returns to keep field position game manageable.

1 Like

I would like to see the Lions succeed in special teams' tackles. I'd rather the Lions not allow the Stamps to gain any high-energy momentum boosts from sources like kick/punt returns or even interceptions where the bandit runs it back for a pick 6.

Those momentum boosts are killers (they're great for Stamps). It's a bad sign when the Stamp's offense jumps off the bench and runs out onto the field like it's Christmas morning and they can't wait to open their presents. It's guaranteed they score TDs when they get Momentum hits like that. I'd rather they drag their a**es onto the field with a slight feeling of dread and wishful thinking instead.

But I usually can't have it my way so let's just not turn the ball over, maintain possession to allow our defense to stay fresh and sharp, and maybe score a few TDs. Stay out of altercations, don't take unnecessary penalties, and keep off the furniture.

2 Likes

Maier is not the problem. Calgary beat Toronto in Toronto so yes Calgary has beaten a team above .500. I think every other team in the league is at or below .500 The Other points you make are valid.