2022-09-05 Game Tracker - Toronto Argonauts vs. Hamilton Tiger-Cats (6260)

It’s starting to look like Hamilton has little chance of making the playoffs. Who would have thunk that at the start of the year?

2 Likes

If Evans regains form, they are the class of the East. He will start next week

If I could figure out one good thing to say about this game...........um.........................................................................no horns!

2 Likes

Morton is definitely the worst of the three but Dane has serious head issues to overcome. The Ticat thread seems to place a lot of blame on Condell. In retrospect it looks like their best QB was the one they didn’t want after almost winning them the Grey Cup.

4 Likes

Banks playing with a chip on his shoulder today.

I have to think that is all she wrote for this game.

2 Likes

Oskie Boo Hoo. :face_exhaling:

1 Like

Why didnt they put Evan in tbe fourth quarter. His production was still good. He was the only chance tbey had

He has to be hurt. That’s what Stenie said as well before the game.

Good time to get Adeboboye some carries.

1 Like

And there’s a nice one for him.

2 Likes

Move over Saskatchewan, we're #4!

Argooooooooooossssss

1 Like

That was about as ugly as a game can get, but I’m grateful the Argos got out of their own way long enough to win it. TiCats were clearly hampered by their quarterback play. Would Dane Evans have done better? Hard to assume given his penchant for turning over the ball this year. As for MBT, he continues to baffle fans with his inconsistency. Some days I’m sure he could throw the ball at the ground and miss, and other days he spots the ball with complete precision. Just wish he could do that for a full 60 minutes. Nevertheless, he did enough to get the win today and that’s what counts. Kudos to Speedy B for showing he still has some juice in the tank, to Jamal Peters for his ball-hawking ability, and to A. J. Oulette for his all-out effort on every play. On to Ottawa with fingers crossed.

As a Cat fan I can tell you that it is not often when I have felt anger at my team and embarrassment for them. This QB situation is ridiculous - since when do you play your most inexperienced QB in a 3rd and less than a yard? (which lead to a turnover.) Plus why play your most inexperience QB for an entire quarter when the game was still close enough to win - and he wasn't moving the ball? Once again the defence played well enough to win - despite one or two errors. Nope, this game was lost by the coaches - Steinauer and Condell. They really had no game plan and had no idea of what to do in critical situations. I can take losing when you know you have played well and have given it your all - the players did - the coaches didn't!

Right on

If Dane Evans is a teams “only hope” then I’d just go ahead and say the team has no hope.

The only hope of what exactly ?

MacBeth is EASILY the 3rd WORST QB in the CFL this year - he is Unbearable =the only 2 worse are the ridiculous Cornelius (Jones/Edmonton -and they gave up Arbuckle for this disaster) and Caleb Evans (at least they Now have Arbuckle)

Cornelius has more upside than Arbuckle. Even Jamie Newman has more upside. That long throw he threw to Tim White in the first was right on the money and dropped.

Winning 6 games this season and clinching a playoff berth

[quote="Jon, post:40, topic:80645"]

Another major break for the Ticats on an obvious fumble. Why don’t they let the play run like they do in the NFL?

[/quote. Because it isn’t the nfl.
1 Like