2022-08-25 Game Tracker - Calgary Stampeders vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers (6254)

Calgary Stampeders

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/games/6254/calgary-stampeders-vs-winnipeg-blue-bombers/

Bombers should send a message and play 4th stringers :face_with_hand_over_mouth:oops sorry they are not playing the riders yet

1 Like

I just noticed that you have a cake as well. It seems that we both joined on the same day. Happy Birthday! I wish mine was chocolate.

3 Likes

Best I think the stamps can hope for on a short week is to just hang tough against a well rested bomber squad, try not to get blown out, a win would be nice but so would the lottery Corp accidentally mailing me a million dollar cheque, likelihood is zero…

1 Like

You are pulling a Maaax by minimizing your team’s chances. You have a new and improved weapon at QB that the Bombers don’t know that much about. Anything can happen.

3 Likes

Sure anything can happen, and JM will throw a twist in this melee, but the short week vs bye week thing has to factor into this, not as an excuse, just a reality…

Anything can happen you’re right Jon, even miracles :hugs:

2 Likes

Devils food with dark chocolate icing with cherry filling in between cake layers… Not that I am asking for too much with that

2 Likes

It’s an advantage for sure, but we did beat you guys in the same situation a few weeks ago, so it can happen.

1 Like

Talk about poor scheduling. Not only does Winnipeg get a full bye but comes back and plays a DIVISIONAL game against a team on a short week

LOL, its not a favour WPG thing, we’ve had to do this twice now vs CGY & BC.
We’re finally on the better end, but we’ll see if it helps.

4 Likes

You sound like a flames fan

No its a poor scheduling thing

it happens to every team in the league on both sides of the coin and it happens in the nfl too. no need to think it is unfair to specifically one team when they have the same so called advantages too

3 Likes

This is the last Thursday night CFL football this year!
I really like Thursday nighters!
But it does create short weeks for some teams

4 Likes

1 Like

Hmm, the Bombers are dressing three Globals, and none of them is a kicker.

2 Likes

Not really the point but ok.

To suggest one team isnt disadvantaged by playing a short week while the other is coming off a bye week is quite funny

That’s their problem, not mine. My problem is no more Thursday Night Football (insert stomping feet, angry pouting here).
As a Lions fan I’m really hoping BB wins. Getting an extra game in front of us outweighs the fact that, without Rourke, I’m looking backwards at Calgary. We may need that cushion.

3 Likes

Yup. To establish a 3 game lead is a smart safe way to go ( no pun intended to the grocery store) with 2 games back to back week 15 & 16 could be dangerous.

2 Likes

To suggest that this is something unfair to Calgary is quite funny. As has been pointed out, all teams must face short weeks due to the odd number of teams in the league. It has already happened to Winnipeg twice, against Calgary and BC. I didn’t hear you complaining at that time. Your opinion is hardly objective. Either the Stamps will man up or they won’t. Complaining about it won’t move anyone.

6 Likes