2022-08-04 Game Tracker - Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs. Montreal Alouettes (6242)

Also why is Montreal in white? Is there a reason or are they really just trying to emulate our away jersey 2 time back to back Grey Cup winning look? Lol

But seriously is there a reason they were in white?

Winnipeg
Blue
Bombers

Or

Winning in
Fourth
Quarters

1 Like

The contrast between Winnipeg and Montreal jerseys was so great that I figured WRONGLY that neither quarterback would be throwing interceptions today. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

Hope you are right. I have not got it yet, but I suspect my luck will run out soon. My wife for the ani-viral meds today, so we will see how it goes.
Go Bombers!
David

2 Likes

Yep its lonely at the top 1

Yeah, Grant started slow but picked up like a hand grenade!
Also, made two tackles off Zorro's errant pics!
They should work him in as a 7th or 8th DB.

1 Like

Did you notice prior to kick-off, Willy J was administering smelling salts to Schoen? Guess they're supposed to get the juices flowing!

It's nice to know that the nagging unpleasant noise in this discussion didn't last as long as the nagging unpleasant noise in the stadium.

Did it occur to anyone else that MTL would have gotten another TD earlier if Molson Stadium had full-sized end zones?

2 Likes

That's what they do.

I'm surprised they didn't have ten pots of coffee brewing on the sidelines together with Red Bull I.V. drips for the older players.

What they lose in TD's scored they more than make up for in coziness. Everyone who's been to that stadium says it's the best for being close to the action.

1 Like

Not hard to believe that. The only problem is being up close and personal to all those g--d--- horns!

3 Likes

Stern likely did that after the game......

2 Likes

On the Al's website it said it was White Night. I am guessing since Winnipeg (I think) did that in one of their home games that each team gets to wear their away light colour jerseys at home for one game.

2 Likes

Kate "Chucky" Beirness was most visibly nauseated with the g-d horn Milt brought into the studio. Beirness looks all fun 'n games but interrupt her slurring intros/extros and she can be as upset as Rod Black the day he was fired.

2 Likes

Only 17,039 on a nice muggy Montreal day. Thats a serious problem - although Maciocia doesn't have much of a pro reputation left as a head coach; Trevor Harris as devoid of personality as any CFL QB I've watched in the last 20 years - - - and that includes Max Hall, Drew Willy & Lord Salisbury (Sean)

1 Like

Getting back to the important stuff ... my question on the air horns is why TSN is stupid enough to include them in their audio? I know they want crowd noise but kill the microphones near the horns.

EDIT: Spelling of "air"

2 Likes

I could not watch the game for any long period of time due to that horn. I think that they are "illegal" in Ontario.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind it so much if they’d used it sparingly, like when Winnipeg was deep in MTL territory but it was constant. I stopped going to one college’s games because there was a guy with a drum who banged it throughout the game.

1 Like

Well you nailed it. Oliveira built and Woli made some big second down catches again. What's next....Ellingson coming back, he and Schoen both going for over a 100 with a TD? The Bombers through coach Osh have figured it out, nevermind a 3peat, this could go on for many more years!

2 Likes

Don't want to denigrate a solid sports broadcasting citizen - but Montreal TSN sideline reporter John Lu was having a helluva time last nite! Stumbling - Mumbling - Bailing - etc. No help from Rod Smith or Fordie in the booth as both guys seemed to relish Lu's prolific sideline struggles!
Maybe he had some of that silly-featured helmet poutine during the game; possibly ate the helmet instead of the poutine???

Also time for fans to start a GoFundMe to get Mr. Lu a haircut. . . . . aka GOCUTME

4 Likes