2022-07-14 Game Tracker - Edmonton Elks vs. Montreal Alouettes (6230)

To me he’s like a back-up for Ford and solid to run Team Jumbo. Like you are thinking, maybe he’ll have more of a chance to play as a back-up so we can see more because he’s only thrown 8 passes in games.

But there is a reason Locksley is effectively 3rd on the depth chart though of course he’s also a receiver, so I am not optimistic on his passing skills at the pro level.

1 Like

He was good in preseason. Had one pitch out and throw but there was contact downfield that was strangely not called…

Thanks Reggie White…

In a few minutes some time after the start of the fourth quarter, TSN should just bring in Rod Black for a cameo just to remind us that "no lead is safe."

Then give him a free beer, and send him on his way back to his seat.

Some might object as usual, but to me such a gesture sounds just, decent, and right.

2 Likes

Montreal keeps readying the nails for the Elks coffin, but then hammers their own finger and drops the nails.

2 Likes

Wow really! Sneaky good there on the onside kick and then “D’oh!” with the fumble.

1 Like

Well @Capital_Dave are you happy now? You got your wish already. Now maybe Locksley will throw one more.

Chris Jones is like:

"Ah damnit to he** with it again tonight. Nothing else has worked. Why not!? Get me my ice cold cherry juice and Grey Goose now too please."

1 Like

Always funny how trick plays build momentum but if the following drive does nothing they seem to take away more momentum…

Yes… thats what we got Lawler for. Even that looked like almost a flick of the wrist for Cornelius’

1 Like

Still lots of time.

I think the 2-pt try was the right call.

1 Like

Why not?

Young DB’s, get your hands off…

Allouettes better watch that . It’s 15 yds inside the last 3 min if you do that.

Locksley is improving every game at slotback. We need a few more trick plays off that…

2 Likes

Pretty obvious why we kept Cornelius…

Shortest challenge this year…

1 Like

This challenge won’t work. At least the play is capable of being challenged, unlike Edmonton’s challenge in the first half.

Team Alberta knocked Team Quebec out of the Football Canada Cup this afternoon.

Can Montreal hold on to get revenge for their province?

:grinning:

I wonder if he really just wanted a timeout to regroup his D.

Didn’t help…

Can we recover from the first half let down?

1 Like

Yep. Looks like Elks are only two field goals down now.

1 Like

By Jove we are still in this game!? :astonished:

1 Like

You are. Montreal is determined to give it away.

2 Likes

Pic play....

...and a pick......!!

1 Like

Could be. But Montreal keeps getting those penalties… and now they’ve turned it over again. Yikes.

Deja vu all over again.

1 Like