2022-07-04 Game Tracker - Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs. Toronto Argonauts (6226)

Winnipeg Blue Bombers

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/games/6226/winnipeg-blue-bombers-vs-toronto-argonauts/#preview

I know that the undefeated 3-0 Bombers are the obvious favorites and the 1-1 Argos were lucky to win against the ALs thanks to a last second missed FG but... let's all hope we get an entertaining game to watch that keeps us glued to our seats from start to finish. Nobody wants to sit through a blowout.

Good luck to both teams this evening! :smiley: :+1: :beer: :hamburger: :pizza:

2 Likes

As a Bomber fan it is just fine with me if they blow out the opposition. I suspect that is true for most fans of their teams. Who wants to sit through the angst of a close game, only to lose? For games not involving my team I would rather see an entertaining contest and a close game.

@Capital_Dave : As you predicted, there are now two game day threads so you might want to perform your lock and merge wizardry.

4 Likes

It's probably going to happen. I can't see Toronto leaning too heavily on Andrew Harris with his bum ankle and nagging hamstring injury. Poor MacBeth isn't going to outrun anybody and sooner or later that defense of theirs is going to tire from being left out on the field to die.

Still, I've seen worse matchups turn into a barn burner. Maybe it'll happen tonight. I hope it does.

1 Like

If TO has found all the pieces they lost in their drubbing (some were last seen floating down False Creek, past English Bay, heading for deep water) they may stand a chance here. This game will tell us more about what they're made of, because last game wasn't a pretty sight. Kudos to Rick Campbell for not running up the score at the end of that game. They want a crack at the Grey Cup? The team we saw last time wouldn't win the Vanier Cup. They need a good showing here desperately or the knifes will be out. My dreams of parity within the league seem to be just that, dreams.

1 Like

Mine too Porky. Everyone's telling me to relax but things are getting more and more out of whack. Maybe it's time for some sort of dispersal draft come next season. We need an equalizer not a tranquilizer. :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

I don't care about the score, or how many yards. Just as long as it is a different result than last time we marched into TO.
Can't believe this isn't happening in WPG. Wish I could see the field and all the interactions with Harris.

1 Like

I've sometimes said to other people that I'd rather see my Lions lose in a barn burner than win by a yawn inducing 30 points. Of course, just to make a hypocrite of myself I thoroughly enjoyed them annihilating EE.:grin:

1 Like

I'll take the win by 30+ anyday, thank you very much.

3 Likes

Personally I enjoy watching a game where the outcome is unknown until time runs out, it's a good workout for my ADHD, I pace between plays while my heart rate goes sky high MisWeGotTheCup usually has 911 on speed dial waiting to hit send :phone::ambulance:, as a homer :house: I always want my team to win. In recent years it's more good than bad. Cheers to both teams, hope Andrew does well just a few yards short of victory.
As Homer says.......Woo hoo!...Beer Beer Beer, Bed Bed Bed

3 Likes

That... and a win is all I ask for. :partying_face:

I don't see a system-generated thread yet (though probably 3 will be created as soon as I post this one), so here goes:

Come on, Argos. Show them you're the best in the East and shoot down those Bombers.

1 Like

Argos depth chart:

I'm hoping they get all 3 RBs involved tonight. If Harris is hurting, I think it'd be wise to spread it around.

1 Like

Bombers depth chart:

Interesting . . . looks as though both teams will be dressing two global players.

2 Likes

I'm thinking the Argo's must have a graphic artist on staff. They're putting out some nice stuff.

2 Likes

Agreed. I'm hopeful this is a sign of a stronger commitment from MLSE.

:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

This graphics artist Toronto is using is one of the best. His specialty is putting lipstick on a pig. That's why they hired him.

The pig REALLY needs it. :partying_face: :beer: :boom:

3 Likes

Argos Radio station TSN 1050 line up this morning to promote todays game at home to The Grey Cup Champion Bombers!
TSN pulling out all the stops to promote the Argos and CFL! :woozy_face:

2 Likes

That is pretty poor! I had to look twice.

1 Like

Well, to be fair. This game is not one of the four home games MLSE are focusing their promotion on.

Now, why exactly, they are only focusing promotion on just 4 home games, I don't know.
:roll_eyes: