2022-06-30 Game Tracker - BC Lions vs. Ottawa Redblacks (6223)

BC Lions

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/games/6223/bc-lions-vs-ottawa-redblacks/#preview

I thought I would be one of the only posters to pick the Redblacks in this one, but there are quite a few.

Excited to see if Rourke can continue his hot streak on the road. Also, to see Powell return in the Ottawa backfield.

4 Likes

Porky loves his Thurs. night football & we very well might have our game of the week here. BC wants to prove their dominance so far is no fluke & Ottawa wants to prove they can run with the pack despite 2 losses so far. A short week for the Leos vs. a bye week for the Redblacks should help the RB deal with BC's momentum. I think we'll have a good one here. Over to you, fellas.

4 Likes

I’m going to the game tonight, and am very excited about it.
Ottawa’s defence should be a good test for the Lions offence.
This is a tough one to call. It might very close.
I think Masoli will have a good outing.

4 Likes

I think Ottawa is just missing the "killer mode" to get into the end zone. It will come- thinking tonight might be the night.

1 Like

Agreed.

Are these guys twins? That moustache on the right is messing with me!

2 Likes

They look like a couple of pawnshop owners.

2 Likes

Looks like a great night for football....I will be cheering for the Redblacks.

3 Likes

Rick and Chumley

3 Likes

Redblacks D keeping most of the game in front of them....

Can't be. Neither has a dog strapped to him....

Something is wrong with TSN. They are actually calling the play today....

2 Likes

Well, it hasn't been quite as easy for Rourke and the Lions thus far.

But still pretty easy.

:eye:

The BC defense deserves some respect. They're holding Masoli in check much better than Winnipeg did. Powell has looked pretty good so far, though.

4 Likes

Hello All,

1. Happy Canada Day!
  2. The BC QB is really good.

Go Bombers!
David

3 Likes

Yeah our defense has seen better days. We've got some work to do to get back to last year's shutdown D standard. :grin:

Terry Williams is impressing me for the Redblacks. Looks like he could break a return sometime soon.

3 Likes

He's a fast little squirt. Could be Gizmo material.

I'm a fan of using a scat back alongside or as a change of pace from a bigger north-south kinda back. Williams and Powell can keep a defense guessing.

2 Likes

They could be a slightly smaller version (just a smidgeon) of Thunder and Lightning.

1 Like

Ottawa uses balanced run/pass game until they get to the score zone and then abandons it to throw for the touchdown?

Plenty of empty seats tonight. Seems to be the general situation across the league.

1 Like