2022-06-25 Game Tracker - Edmonton Elks vs. Calgary Stampeders (6221)

Edmonton Elks

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/games/6221/edmonton-elks-vs-calgary-stampeders/#preview

First…..

The elk came to town last year for the LDC with a so-so team and ending up beating the horsies in their own corral…maybe the same again?

Well.....that win was a players revolt that got Harris traded. They ran Maas's playbook on scoring drives and ignored the "coach".

BO going 3 and 0!

Wow, just read about Norm Kwong!

The China Clipper...quite a life. He and old Spaghetti Legs (Jackie Parker - Jones County Junior College, Mississippi) sure tore it up back in the day....

Woot!! TD in the first quarter!! Offence moving the ball nicely on that drive.

2 Likes

And why did the Elks go for two? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

What the heck, try and put all the points you can on the board when you are down there.

One thing in the league that is really starting to irk me is injury reports. Might as well post fairy tales instead. Out of 5 guys Calgary said were unlikely to play ONE is on the injury list and the rest are playing.

Winnipeg does the same all the time, Jeffcoat, Harris and Jefferson were on the injured list all of last year and two of the three played every week. I really don't know why they even bother.....

1 Like

There wasn’t one fumble in the rain in Winnipeg last night and we already have our first one of this game.

Gainey. That's why he's here.

Calgary moves the ball, then takes a penalty to put themselves in second and long...

62 yards in penalties for Calgary 1/3 of the way in....

Hi All,

Wife took daughter out for a while, son is watching his cartoons, so dad has some football time!

Go Bombers!
David

2 Likes

Welcome back Dave. Unfortunately the game has been pretty meh so far and the game thread pretty quiet, but some of us are watching.

Are most people focused on the next game?

Go Bombers!
David

That Peyton Logan looks like he might break a return tonite.

Now that's some serious power-daddying.

I hope you have a good beverage and snacks to go with this all-too-uncommon occasion.

1 Like

I don’t think so. There just aren’t that many active members of most team’s forums as there are for Hamilton and Montreal, with Winnipeg a distant third. Plus it’s a summer Saturday night.

1 Like

I do. And yes, it is all-too-uncommon. Usually have family duties on the weekends, especially after coming back from a business trip like I did yesterday. I am not complaining right now….

Go Bombers!
David

2 Likes

Weather does look nice on TV in Calgary right now..

Go Bombers!
David