2022-06-23 Game Tracker - Saskatchewan Roughriders vs. Montreal Alouettes (6219)

Well alright then they should sit down too, except for Schaffer-Baker, and following @Hit.em.hard 's lead, make the linemen run the pass routes!

Three things not long hidden: The Sun, The Moon, The Truth

Thatā€™s a unique way to avoid an interception. Throw it at 3 Alouettes instead of one so they run into each other.

5 Likes

Well, that pretty much does it. Off to Winnipeg tomorrow, if IG Field is still above water.

1 Like

Lots of this is on ODay and neglecting the O Line, knowing full well it was bad last year.

But Fajardo has regressed back into his old habit of tunnel vision. He needs to look off the secondary at this level. I notice Fine is doing the same thing. Just watch his head. It never moves, and thats where the ball goes. All game. Rewind it and watch.

Maas needs to get Fajardo on the move, heā€™s not a pocket passer. Maas needs to learn that. The fact that the GM hasnā€™t given him an OLine means that Maas needs to adjust even more. Heā€™s just putting his head down and being stubborn instead of doing the pro coach thing and making adjustments tovwork with what he has.

2 Likes

You of all people should remember him well. He was the one that dropped the 3rd down and a few with a minute left in last years West Final. He makes that catch Riders are 1st down at Bombers 40 or so with 5 or 6 plays left, down by 5. This year itā€™s looking like if he drops one again in the Riders last game, it will be to keep them out of the playoffs, not the Grey Cup.

They all read his eyes and were moving to the ball before it was thrown. Been happening all game.

I didnā€™t remember it was him.

Can't remember if they ran the third quarter interview or not. Kudos to TSN for listening and eliminating the distraction if that is what happened.

1 Like

I guess that goes to show how things can change week to week and that games are pretty unpredictable early in the season.

Congrats to Montreal on a dominant performance.

It would have been nice if another kickoff was returned for a TD so Ms. Whomever could have won a cool million.

5 Likes

I feel like with this superb analysis and your preceding comments on needed discipline, you just might show up at a practice to straighten a few things out?

For old timeā€™s sake on the forum, is there any particular bottle or beverage otherwise you will bring with you for between plays or drills?

He left it to the guys in the locker room to sort out. Well that didnā€™t work out too well. Be a bloody coach and hold them accountable. He wants to be everyoneā€™s friend.

2 Likes

Iā€™d put up a full case of 18 year old single malt if they could go a full game with no penalties, and expect a bottle of same back from every player that got flagged, 1 bottle per flag

1 Like

WTF kind of response is that. The guy gave a spot on analysis of what is going on. Whatā€™s up with that?

1 Like

Easy there - it was an inside joke building on a prior discussion

Yes it was a great analysis indeed.

2 Likes

Paolo and I have bantered this way for years. He knows I like the highlandersā€™ liquid bread. And yelling. He knows I like yelling, lol

2 Likes

I was leaning mtl, but the heart took over logic.
Lose your centre.
Short week
One practice.

Butt kicking
Full credit to Mtl.

5 Likes

Mtl was far and away the better team tonight.

3 Likes

They got caught on a short week with a trip across the country. I won't put too much stock in this game

Hope youā€™re right. Iā€™d still be happier if they shored up the O line, though.