RT Van Zeyl
RG Gibbon
C Ciraco
LG Revenberg
LT ? "Trevon Tate or Justice Powers (Schweinhund)"

K ?? White is on the roster
LS Gordon

1 Like

Lineup seems spot on. I don’t think they brought in Don Jackson to be a back up. I could see STE in the slot at times with Jackson at RB. Also Q Ford played SAM with the Argos so that’s a possibility.

1 Like

Good point. I could see packages with STE at slot and Jackson at RB or Kalinic at TE and Jackson at RB. One of Kalinic or STE would be required for the ratio, but not both.

Maybe White is our guy. College stats for these young kickers are often not spectacular. He's had 2 years to build up his strength and accuracy. I'm sure we signed him for a reason.
As for Linebackers , we have so many on the roster, maybe it is time for these young prospects to break out, rather then recycling the same 30 plus year old players from team to team. As for LG, I have no idea.

1 Like

That would be highly dependent on training camp performance. But barring some outstanding camp by one of the young guys I would think they would go with an experienced player. At least to start.

Interesting choice with Rolle at SAM. These guys are all pretty much converted db’s so no reason they couldn’t try him there if Rico doesn’t come back. I might even suggest Breaux in that spot as one of their more physical guys in the secondary.

I see lots of subbing between Don Jackson and STE. With Jackson in they could bring in Ungerer for Marcus Tucker, or line up Kalinic at tight end.

1 Like

I just picked Rolle because he wasn't a starter last year. I would imagine there will be a training camp competition for the SAM spot. Murray has now been dropped from the online roster so I guess he may not be back.

Left tackle I’m guessing will be either Trevon Tate or Justice Powers to start the season. Both practice roster guys last year. But I’m sure they’ll bring a couple more to camp or already have more on the roster. I’m just a little worried about that spot - remember how 2017 started off and we rotated three or four guys at that spot until Ryker Matthews got signed and settled in. If they do anything else in free agency, they may take a look at Matt O’Donnell or Justin Renfrow - would make more sense to spend the money there rather than Muamba.

1 Like

DB the DB as the highest paid DB in the league, and who did not take a pay cut or have his salary restructured, is not likely going to be a Ticat this season. I say this with a heavy heart as he has long been one of my favourite Ticats.

1 Like

The passport bonus for O'Donnell might make him too expensive. He was supposed to be the second highest paid lineman in 2020. Renfrow might be interesting. would be nice to have a solid candidate on the roster going into camp.

He is taking up a big chunk of change.
However they have time to figure that one out before camp starts. I think if they were inclined to release him they would have done so already. Both to give him a chance to sign before free agency and to give the team the money to spend.

1 Like

The fact that there are only 2 American OL on the roster and they haven’t brought in anymore may indicate they go Canadian at LT.

1 Like

The three best national O linemen are Ciraco, Gibbon and Okafor. Ciraco is the heir apparent at center and Gibbon and Okafor will compete for Ciraco's guard position. I would think they will end up going American at LT.
Van Zeyl at RT is a given

I think there are a few players missing on this projected depth chart. With Rico off the roster , I can see the Ticats signing Otha Foster or Deon Lacey at SAM . They are also bringing in some young physical dbs that may compete for a spot. I also wonder if Beverette is fast enough to play there. I don't think Rolle is physical enough for Sam and Ford isn't good enough to start in my eyes.

I spoke to OT Tate at practice in 2019 and he seemed very confident of starting and he's a beast. I think you can add Okafor in a battle with Gibbon at guard . I see Jalin Marshall and Tucker battling for the 5th starting import receiver, Masoli and Evans battling for #1 QB and Malek Irons will get some time behind STE at RB. I think Frey will battle with Santos Knox as the underdog at MLB and Rolle and Frankie W will batt!e for starting strong side corner. I also think Mauldin will push Howsare in a battle for a DE spot.

I am sad to see Rico go as he was a great guy and winner and can play SAM and all DB spots. Filer is a sad story as well but it makes sense giving Okafor and Gibbon a chance as they are ready and would likely be offered starting roles in free agency elsewhere .
I think Ciraco could be a gem at Center and possible upgrade over Filer.

It is also sad to see Tasker out of the mix at receiver as he had such a big heart and was a brave tough gamer with good hands and was a fan favorite.
Maybe we can grab Josh Barrel back as a punter or Medlock as both.
I have to say good riddance to Larry Dean as he walked away from us twice now.

I would love to see Medlock back but he might cost too much.
I really hope we have a season this year as our team is solid and deep at most positions and on paper likely the favourite to win the Grey Cup in the Hammer.

I think with us having 2 starting QB'S it is key and our import receivers look top notch as do our db's . Our Oline and Dline look pretty good and having our full coaching staff back and most of the Grey Cup team is good for chemistry and familiarity.
From our Grey Cup game squad , we will have additions of Masoli, Posey, Santos-Knox, Frey, Tate, Ciante Evans, STE and whomever plays SAM and handles our kicking duties.
Our biggest losses from our 2019 Grey Cup are Rycker Mathews, Tasker, and Lirum .

I think the replacements for Tuggle , Filer, Dane Evans , Leonard and Mike Jones ( STE, Don Jackson, Posey ) are major upgrades.

I am pretty excited about this team from top to bottom.

You forgot to add Revenberg

2 Likes

I personally expect him to retire rather than the Cats releasing him. That way if things get dire (injuries or illness among our DBs) and Bob Young opens his wallet he could be an emergency replacement during the season. I'm not a hundred per cent on this, but I don't't think he would be interested in playing elsewhere (as he did not get to play in college the Cats effectively are his alma mater). If he was smart (and I have no reason to doubt his intelligence) he would have saved and invested some of the wealth he earned on the Saints roster and not need to play for financial reasons.

1 Like

I think he may have been referring to the vacant centre and right guard positions. (Revenberg is an all-star).

2 Likes

Ah! I can see that now, Our Oline is looking pretty good right now
It hurt to lose Ryker Mathews at LT to the Lions, but the Cats will find a replacement

2 Likes

You are correct.
Revenberg is a lock for left guard.
Van Zeyl is a lock at right tackle
Ciraco, Gibbon and Okafor will compete for center and right guard. I don't think any of the three is a good choice for a starting left tackle.

1 Like

If that's his intension it would be nice if he let the team know sooner rather than later. Perhaps he already has, but you would think they would have tried harder to sign Levels if they knew they would have the money.

1 Like