2021 NHL Season

He could not stay in the lineup this past playoff run. He’s a soft player.
KK is not worth $3 mill a season.

Donnie can have him for that outrageous amount. Will gladly take Donnie’s first and third round picks and take my chances.
KK was not going to lead the Habs (or Canes) to the promise land.

KK's agent better have a back up plan ready if he does not perform well this season.
Spotlight will be on KK to perform at that price.
If not, he will not see another contract like this for sometime.

He could very well be another Galchenyuk.

The kid scored an overtime winner and has more goals in the playoffs than a certain Mitch Marner. “Soft”? You guys did the same thing to Lars Ellar. Let the kid develop, he will be a capable 2 line center.

Bergevin is an idiot. He will match the offer because KK is his pick and to justify taking him over Brady Tchuk(sic).

Yeah, Bergevin will waste the pick on another sex offender

Was never a fan of Bergevin. Maybe one day he will be with the B's. :wink:

Any event, KK does not have the size Lars does.

And he scored an OT goal. What did he do after that?

As for Bergevin picking him over Tchachuk, this point I agree with you.

The Bruins are interested in quality, not quackery. If Bervevin takes the bait, Molson has got to fire Bergevin for gross incompetency. This offer sheet nonsense was started by him. It’s costing Molson more money to stay competitive when the Salary Cap has flattened. Still paying Julien to sit at home and Bergevin wanted Julien once the Bruins let him go.

The frosted flake never gave KK a chance when he came back after the COVID infection. Ducharme can’t coach and recognize talent when he sees it.

KK needs to grow as a man. Let him mature at his natural pace, KK will be bigger than Ellar will be in a few years

We’ll see how this plays out by next week

I predict

Bergevin will get fired
and
Patrick Roy will become GM

1 Like

For the forthcoming 2021-22 season

Report: Leafs-Sabres outdoor game in the works for Hamilton | theScore.com

Makes sense with the Temp stands being in place for Grey Cup 3 month earlier.

1 Like

Why don’t they play at Bills Stadium? It’s bigger and can accommodate the huge traffic flow better than Timmy’s which is located in a suburban neighborhood

That would defeat the Pegula’s we need a new stadium message. If it’s good enough for a marque NHL event it should be good for the NFL for years to come.

Leaf fans won’t have to cross the border to fill the place. The Sabres won’t right now

1 Like

Chnage thread title to 2022 season or lock this thread and start new season thread

Has he (Roy) forgiven the organization for that Red Wings game yet. Have the wounds healed?

I’m a Habs fan … but I don’t see the playoffs even with KK … unless he has a serious breakout year KK is a “3-minus C” … not even a strong 3C … Suzuki is a legit 2C with strong potential (maybe even this season) to be a 1C … but the defence was “built for the playoffs” and IMO would not have had the opportunity to prove it were the Habs not in the Covid-Canadian Division … so locking in to $12+ million for two years (not certain how MB could not qualify him next summer, regardless how the season goes … maybe a new GM might cut ties if KK’s season is “poor”) does not seem like a good play

1 Like

Let him stay with Donnie in Carolina at $6 100 015 and grab their first and third round picks.

Then see if you can make a trade.

Suzuki is small and weak. He won’t hold up being a #1 center. KK needs good wingers to succeed, not scrubs disguised as NHL caliber players.

What good is a defense “built for the playoffs” when it won’t the playoffs.

Bergevin should match the offer and learn his lesson on not being rogue anymore

Those draft picks will at the near end of the draft order and have a reduced value.

Eight easy wins for my Bruins this season. Here’s a pre-emptive thanks for the free easy points

Will certainly keep this one for future reference. :wink:

1 Like

Well, now I am wondering, will this NHL season indeed start on time? I don't have a high interest myself usually until February, but this year I am interested in the US in the new media coverage for the games not on ESPN+.

I feel that ESPN+ is a mistake for greater exposure of the main live sports as well as whenever there is not solid competing programming on regular cable and satellite channels opposite the live sports.

1 Like

Will start a 2021-22 thread once that season starts but it will have NHLers at the Olympics....at this time

NHL players to play in 2022 Winter Olympics - TSN.ca

There is a provision for the NHL to pull out later on if it's deemed unsafe or impractical... details to come out

1 Like

So, is the IOC or the Chinese gov’t going to pay the freight for the NHL’s travel and insurance cost to appear in these games. Has the IOC given the NHL rights to broadcast highlights for promotional ads for the league? These were the same issues the league had by not going to the last Olympics in S. Korea

Booooo . NHL Boooo . sell out .

1 Like