2021 Final standings predict and why

West
Calgary,.
BLM recouped, stamps seam to win the close games final minute.

Winnipeg
They kept the majority of their team (if Zach stays healthy)

Edmonton
Trevor Harris, enough said

Saskatchewan
Should be higher, but too many player changes & Injuries

B C
Sorry is all I got

East
Hamilton
That says it all, also favorite for Grey Cup

Montreal
Vernon Adams

Ottawa
Lapo, will start slow but come along midpoint

Halifax
Just joking

Toronto
Sorry, not your year again

Halifax should be higher up in the standings they will continue to go undefeated .

I say they go winless

East:
Hamilton- best team
Montreal- someone has to be second
Toronto- totally over hyped to many big names, not enough sustainability
Ottawa- A mediocre team lost way to much to COVID retirement.

West:
Calgary- its Calgary- enough said
Sask-pretty good, but too many loses in FA plus early camp injuries.
Edmonton- Big off season signings
Winnipeg- House of cards, Harris is hurt , will rely to much on Collaros
BC- still a mess as I see it

1 Like

I say they don't lose a game this year

In the Ontario division, Ottawa wins that one.

In the Prairie division, Montreal edges out Winnipeg.

In the Mountain division, Calgary wins easily.

I see you still hold a grudge, I have 34 to 14 reasons why you need to let it go. LOL

1 Like

west:

Edmonton
Calgary
Winnipeg
BC
Sask

East:

Hamilton
Montreal
Toronto
Ottawa.

I dont get the reference what was 34 to14, some score or something?

Yes, that is the score of the Simi final 2019
Calgary vs Wpg,
I don't want to come off offences, I was just making light, have a great day

IN CALGARY TOO! Been a Bombers graveyard for decades in both the regular season and especially te playoffs I think since the 1960's! :flushed: When they not only pulled out that game, but whupped Calgary you could see the Bombers were primed for a GC run. Steveler drove the Stamps defence crazy with his running in the second half. Bitter cold that day. Perfect conditions for a strong run game which Calgary really did not have last year. I live in Calgary for over 20 years now, but still a Bomber fan at heart forever!! :slight_smile: GO BLUE!

Stamps will be in the mix though as always. Huff and Dickensen just too good along with Bo. Too bad we could not makes bets like horse racing as they would be a great tri-fecta to bet on! Bombers getting close to that level, just not quite as long a run of success as the Stamps quite yet. Bombers make it to the Cup this season (not necessarily win) and their mgmt and coaching team will almost equal Calgary.

As with all teams, a run of bad injuries, especially at QB, could alter the final standings especially in a shortened regular season.

No offense taken sir, I just wanted to know what you were referencing.

East:

Hamilton
Montréal
Toronto
Ottawa

West:
Sask
Calgary
Edmonton
Winnipeg
BC

Without considering future injuries and by looking only on the rosters, Hamilton should be king of the East while Montréal and Toronto will fight for the second place. In the west, every team except BC could finish first. It's insane. I could change the top 4 in the west in every way possible and it would still be a plausible outcome.

1 Like

Parity is a good thing .

When your team doesn't need a long time to change it's fortunes it makes for a much more interesting season (s) .

1 Like

Sask will be sorry they dumped OC Steven MaCadoo. Maas will screw things up for Cody I fear . Maas was very excited about working with James Franklin,suggested Franklin would pick up the offense before Cody,thankfully Franklin retires.

But now Maas super excited about working with new QB,former #1 draft pick that disappointed in NFL, Maas having 2 hour phone conversations with him,cant wait to get him on the field. Is Cody really the guy Maas wants out there?

I think they look back regretting replacing MACADOO with Maas

Toronto not having QB competition upsets me,McBeth should get real shot at being starter,its not sporting,not good business to not have competition

Thought it was fairly obvious, but he's referencing the final score of the CFL Western semi-final in November 2019. Winnipeg over Calgary 34 to 14 with Calgary being steam rolled in the second half. Bo Levi's worst playoff game in his CFL career I think too. I believe it's also the first time Winnipeg has won a playoff game in Calgary since the 1960's. What was even more sweet winning the Grey Cup two weeks later in the same stadium which I was at! The McMahon curse has been licked along with the 29 year GC drought! :slight_smile:

Calgary is ABSOLUTELY NO SHOE IN for first place this year. In fact I think they could be lucky to get second. Third or cross over more likely with so many receiver losses, but knowing Hufnagel and Dickenson and Bo, they will be competitive. This just may be the year Calgary stumbles a bit even with Huff's magical powers he can't keep brining in great talent in every case. Still it's what teams do on the field, not on paper. Like almost every team though outside Hamilton this season, if your starting QB goes down, that will hurt a lot. BRING IT ON!!! :slight_smile:

Because it's been a two year lay off and things don't ever go as expected, I'm guessing the Ticats will disappoint this year and that their stars from two years ago will show why turnover in a roster is required.

East:
Toronto - Strong personnel who will come on strong after they pick up the new schemes
Montreal - Vernon Adams is the next great mobile CFL QB and is totally underrated
Hamilton - Because anyone is better than Ottawa
Ottawa

West
Saskatchewan - despite the injuries newer, younger players will show up and Fajardo is the real deal
Calgary - lost a lot of players but Hufnagel always finds more
BC - Michael Riley will have a renaissance with a better OL
Winnipeg - they won coming out of third place in 2019. Harris is getting a little long in the tooth
Edmonton - too many rehashed receivers from other teams. Love Wilder (have his jersey) but he's more of a pounder when they'll need someone quicker

1 Like

I can tell you this, in 3 of the Stampeders 4 Grey Cup wins in the 2000's, came with major changes form the previous year (01,08,14). You can count out the Stamps if you want , but this team is still fundamentally strong. They will do no worse than 2nd in west. Calgary was winning long before last year's receiver losses and Bo Levi already has a history with all projected starters this year save for maybe 1- Rookie Luther Hakunavanhu as been amazing in camp and looks like he could be the next star.

1 Like

I cannot disagree with you re: Calgary, in my family I have a brother who is a diehard Saskatchewan fan, another who is diehard (choke) Stamps fan, one son who follows Argos, and another son who follows BC, in recent years I had to listen to the Stamps brother the most. Needles to say two of my favorite recent Grey Cup games without Bombers in it are 2009 Riders vs Al's & 2016 Stamps vs Red blacks.

Both great games.