2021 Crossover Watch

Possibly. I'm not sure. They probably stock 'Coissant' Sex Dolls at the French Dollar Store in the bakery isle under 'Naughty Pastries'. :grin:

Als aren't out of danger with 3 of their last four games against Saskatchewan and Winnipeg (2). As far as I can see with the exception of Winnipeg, Edmonton and Ottawa the rest ain't set.

The race for playoff spots is getting tighter in both divisions. I think a crossover is looking less and less likely, but if BC can beat Hamilton on November 5 it could get interesting. Considering the Lions have two road games in the East, though, I don't see them catching Hamilton (or whoever ends up 3rd in the East). However, they have a decent shot of catching Calgary for 3rd in the West.

Team Wins Losses Remaining games vs:
Sask 2W 6 4 4: Montreal, Edmonton, Edmonton, Hamilton
Montreal 1E 6 4 4: Sask, Winnipeg, Winnipeg, Ottawa
Toronto 2E 6 4 4: BC, Ottawa, Hamilton, Edmonton
Hamilton 3E 5 5 4: Edmonton, BC, Toronto, Sask
Calgary 3W 5 6 3: Ottawa, BC, Winnipeg
BC 4W 4 6 4: Toronto, Hamilton, Calgary, Edmonton

The bolded games are home dates.

Montreal has the toughest Schedule.
Toronto the easiest. Especially when you factor they are 4-0 at home

Yeah, two games against Winnipeg is daunting. The only factor that might work in Montreal's favour is that the Bombers have already clinched first in the West. Maybe they'll be resting some of their starters? Plus, as the weather gets colder, having Stanback and the Als O-line is a real positive.

They didn't look like they have ANY intention on easing up. They are enjoying every second of their domination. Now its about awards, stats and raises... As they should.

1 Like

I assume you mean American players on BC/Edmonton will be home in time for American Thanksgiving

yep

Predicted Final Standings

East

Hamilton .....9 - 5 - 0 - 18
Montreal .....8 - 6 - 0 - 16
Toronto....... 8 - 6 - 0 - 16
Ottawa ........2 - 12 - 0 - 4

West

Winnipeg.....12 - 2 - 0 - 24
Saskie.............9 - 5 - 0 - 18
Calgary...........7 - 7 - 0 - 16
B.C..................6 - 8 - 0 - 12
Edmonton......2 - 12 - 0 - 4

2 Likes

Right now the top three teams in the East are all tied with 12 points.

Tie Breakers could factor large at the end

Everything happened according to plan (although I admit BC made that way closer than I would have liked)

BC is 2 games back and NEED to beat Hamilton (plus go undefeated) to have any chance at cross
Only 1 easy game on schedule as well (Edmonton who is weaksauce PLUS playing 2 games that week)

Cal 7-7
BC 5-9

Ham 7-7
Mon 7-7

Toronto will beat Hamilton for home field (they and Win are both undefeated at home this season)
Also even if BC pulls an upset they still miss playoffs (6-8) so no chance at cross

1 Like

The bottom three teams who do not make the playoffs should play round robin to see who gets first draft pick next year.

Toronto and Sask each clinched a playoff spot with 14 points.

It comes down to this: If Hamilton beats BC on Friday, there is no crossover for the first time in a while.
Assume Toronto beats Ottawa and Winnipeg beats Montreal, and the Als drop to third.
First place comes down to a battle between Hamilton and Toronto the following week. Toronto clinches first with a win, with Hamilton and Montreal battling for second (remember, Hamilton has won the tie-breaker.) If Hamilton wins, they still need to either beat Saskatchewan at home or hope Edmonton upsets Toronto.

So if Hamilton wins their last three games, they finish first, and all is right with the universe.

1 Like

Are they keeping the mostly divisional schedules going forward, or reverting back to the full H-A round robin?

Wait and see?

Looks to me like you got it right.

What's a "full H-A round robin"?

I'm expecting that next year's schedule will go back to the formula they used in 2019 and the years before that.

In other words, each team will play 10 games against West opponents and 8 games against East opponents. My hope, though, would be for the schedule to have more divisional emphasis like this year.

1 Like

Full Home-Away round robin is playing every team once at home and once on the road.

1 Like

I agree, more emphasis on your own division. It would save travel expenses too.

1 Like