Chocolate covered cherries for me.

2 Likes

Sounds amazing but do they sell a lactose-free version of that? :smile:

2 Likes

Not that I am aware of :joy:

1 Like

I'm more of a McFlurry person....the poor man's Blizzard :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can add Drouin (Habs) to the list of highly over paid and never earned half that salary.

3 Likes

Make mine chocolate chip cookie dough please :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah and Jonathan Toews will earn $10 million this year based on the player he once was. There are others. I think almost all of these high paying seven or eight year contracts that end when a player is in his late 30’s become a financial albatross at some point. But the owners and management infrequently have long term vision and want the player based on his past performance, not based on how well he is likely to perform at a high level and for how long. The Leafs are the poster child for this with 5 long term contracts eating up $50 out of $80 million with the Tavares contract being untradeable. .

4 Likes

Might I add that the Toronto Rock was the last professional sports team to win a league championship at the old Maple Leaf gardens. Everybody seems to forget that

1 Like

I remember that game .

Kaleb Toth scoring the game winner in the final minute.

Watched on what was then CTV Sportsnet.

2 Likes

Patrice Bergeron re-signs with the Bruins!
Best 2 way player in the League, no contest!

Patrice Bergeron back with the Bruins on a one-year deal worth $2.5 million, plus $2.5 million in performance-based incentives.

2 Likes

That’s a little less money than I might have expected him to sign for. I don’t know that he is still the best two way player in the league at his age, but he is far from washed up and continues to contribute significantly. He is also a face off king.

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

Won his 5th Selke (Best defensive forward) last year at 36 yrs old
plus
25 goals and 40 assists (+26) in 73 games last season

2 Likes

Interesting take on the depth at center ice for all NHL teams. Boston has now signed both Bergeron and Krejci. Columbus has nothing for Laine and Gaudreau as I have said many times.

(Grading every NHL team's centre depth Yost: Grading every NHL team's centre depth - TSN.ca)

So how does this guy get $4 3 million a year when Bergeron gets $2 million? You gotta be kidding me. Maybe $2.3 million is because he has to play in Arizona.

(Coyotes sign F Crouse to five-year, $21.5M extension Lawson Crouse Arizona Coyotes contract extension - TSN.ca)

Because Boston has a smarter GM? It's sort of that thing I know Holland did here. It's like "You can earn top dollar, or you can win a cup or two and go to the hall of fame"
As far as your earlier comment on "albatross" contracts I agree. The Oiler's are still paying James Neal and Andrej Sekura.....oh and part of Lucic's salary. Thank god they finally moved Kevin Lowe where he can't mess around with the team anymore. Burke was right about him....except he had a case of hand grenades not just one.
At least someone managed to trade the guy who suffered a career ending injury making pancakes Lowe signed.

2 Likes

Yeah both the Neal and Lucic contracts were the two worst for a long time. Then they got traded for each other!:rofl:

1 Like

You know which GM signed the Neal contract? (Just a hint - he recently signed a player to a huge contract to play just south of here.....)

Don’t know offhand, but didn’t he sign his contract in Dallas? Are you referring to Treliving?

1 Like

Yup.....guy doesn't learn apparently.......

1 Like