2021-11-16 Game Tracker - Edmonton Elks vs. Toronto Argonauts (6146)

Edmonton Elks

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/games/6146/edmonton-elks-vs-toronto-argonauts/
1 Like

Happy Tuesday, football fans! The moon is blue, Venus, Mars & Saturn are in alignment, & we have a Tuesday Night football game. I feel so spoiled.

1 Like

At the conclusion of game 14, Edmonton should dismiss Chris Presson, Brock Sunderland and Jamie Elizondo, the Trio of dunderheads that have sunk the franchise to an all new low.

5 Likes

Yeah me too. Thanks Covid... you're the BEST disease ever!!! :smiley: :+1:

You forgot Juputer two just below your comment !! ( Aligned indeed )

Jupiter2...I agree. Elizondo, Sunderland, Wilder and Derel Walker all have to go.
Actually they should get rid of entire coaching staff and start anew for 2022.
This season this team should be called Edmonton Ilkes!!

1 Like

So Jupiter2... are the Elks Lost in Space? :partying_face:

Ok so the Argos have no starting QB, no starting RB, missing two starting OLs (on top of Nicastro already out), no starting all-star mack, missing THREE starting DLs and practically their ENTIRE starting receiving corps (save for Eric Rogers coming back from long injury hiatus) ...

If Edmonton can't beat these guys they should be forced to walk to Vancouver for the Friday game.

3 Likes

If Toronto does not win this game.....they should be forced to play 10 more games before hosting the East Final as punishment.

1 Like

Where did they find all the replacements? Did they activate their entire Practice Roster?

3 Likes

The entire practice roster except one guy, plus many guys who were in the injured list. Like every other team in the league, Argos had roughly two dozen players on the three non-active lists (injured, team PR and league PR). So they've swapped a pile of regulars on to IR for this week, replacing them with guys who were on IR and PR.

2 Likes

This game should not be considered as an example of how great the CFL can be given the fact that the Argos are resting so many starters and the ELks “suck”.

1 Like

I should feel bad about laughing so hard at that, but :rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Wonder what the attendance will be for this one? Could be the lowest in CFL history!
Too bad.

2 Likes

They might wait for the very last game to so... I hear Chris Jones is back in Canada

This is the latest Pre Season game in CFL history

4 Likes

however, earth is completely out of alignment.

who will be switching to watch Team Canada/ Mexico later?

Players’ wives aren’t counted in official attendance numbers.

1 Like

He will NEVER come back to Edmonton. Traitors don't do well here....
However, feel free Riders. Except this time they probably won't have to make new rules because he did something so underhanded no one thought to make rules against it because no one else ever thought of doing things like that and he won't bring the team your GM should have built with him.

1 Like