2021-10-22 Game Tracker - Toronto Argonauts vs. Montreal Alouettes (6177)

The RDS guys were warning that the Als defence needed to be aware that the Argos have a "Pipken playbook" ... and there Pipken goes for the TD on. a play MBT would not have likely run

So if someone whipped a player around by the hair, that isnā€™t a penalty?
I donā€™t think that is a rule

1 Like

Great call Chris Jones. No free safety allowed Lewis a walk in TD.

Nope. Happened last week.

Guess it is just treated as a body part ā€¦ but on the TD, if the DBā€™s arm was pulled to throw him down it would be PI ā€¦ I can totally understand not making grabbing/pulling the hair a penalty ā€¦ but hair should then be no different than any other body part

3 Likes

Treated like a gold chain

Another thing I donā€™t understand these guys wearing

The thinking is that the player is choosing to expose himself to the risk.

Given that it is part of the body and not an artificial adornment I must say that philosophically I disagree with that treatment.

1 Like

What if theyā€™re extensions??

1 Like

Nothing prevents a player with long hair to tuck it , bunn it mesh it in his helmet both are ornateā€¦

I feel that is doubtful.

What a signing David Menard has proven to be

3 Likes

Looks like Shiltz decided he is going to keep the job.

3 Likes

If you are going to miss a long field-goal ... off the upright is the way to do it.

I think heā€™s hit the bar four times this season

Then he might want to stop running unless the field is wide open and he can go out of bounds or slide

1 Like

Hair is not "never a penalty". It's part of the uniform.

It's a legal tackle in the field of play, it's not a horse collar tackle...

But you can't grab someone and throw them to the ground before the ball arrived, if that was a DB grabbing a WRs hair before the ball arrived, it's Pass Interference.

There's a difference between tackling a ball carrier and tackling them before the ball arrives.

4 Likes

Absolute BS! Hair is part of the uniform. Why didn't Toronto challenge that touchdown. Why wasn't that play reviewed. Toronto coaches are going to get it for this one.

2 Likes

Wouldā€™ve been nice if he had done that a game earlier . It wouldā€™ve went along nice with the fg that he clearly missed that was called good to end the half .

1 Like