2021-10-09 Game Tracker - Calgary Stampeders vs. Saskatchewan Roughriders (6171)

Another close game.
Mass play calling and Fagardo decisions are extremely questionable. Expected alot more.

Fargardo is so fixated on the deep 50/50 balls, i think he is missing a lot of other options.

We will see what happens over the bye, may be the perfect time.

I actually loved the first call for Calgary. The media and Fagardo have been so fixated about the deep ball and boom Calgary TD. Like stoking the fire of Sask frustration.

1 Like

Nope. Lost the season series.

Well, let’s see. The Bombers beat the Stamps in one game by 3 points, and in the other, the Stamps missed the walk-off FG. So, let’s magically say the Stamps won those games - which they should have won one. The Bombers would be 6-3, and the Stamps, 6-3. WOW! Even giving the Bombers the one win, which they got, they are 7-2, the Stamps are 5-4. I told you guys at 2-5 to stay tuned, the Stamps are far better than they were playing…

1 Like

Yeah, so… Reilly will need an amazing game… Not seeing it. Maybe, but, naaaaah.

The next time we play the Stamps (last week in the regular season) they’ll likely beat us. Our starters will be lolling on the sidelines eating pizza and catching some rays. Meanwhile the Riders will have their hands full battling Dane Evans at the helm of a healthy Hamilton team.

We demolish the Lions again two weeks from now… so it looks like we’re going to help Calgary finish ahead of both Saskatchewan AND BC. Wouldn’t it totally suck if an ungrateful Calgary rose up in the final and knocked us out of playoffs in our own back yard? S*** happens. :grin:

1 Like

But you're not and they are not.. sooooo

No. Chris Jones is the DC in Toronto now. Regardless of whatever ridiculous title they’ve bestowed upon him.

1 Like

Couple of notes from the game:

Calgary should go with Meier. It's clear as day that Bo can't step into any of his throws, and he got more and more erratic as the game went along. He was lucky he was not intercepted a couple more times. The running game really bailed them out.

Most of the Riders issues of late have been with the O-line. Play calling has not been great either (if you're going to throw a short pass to the flats on 2nd & 8 you may as well just kneel it down and punt to save everyone the time).

Can we also knock it off with these cringe worthy nicknames? Dick face and Fardingo? Are you guys 7 years old?

With the Stamps huge victory in Week 10 versus the Riders, it appears the West division will likely have a cross over to the weak East division. If the Stamps won their 5 remaining games they would have a 9-5 record. I fully support the cross over format. I am certain that a West team will win the 2021 Grey Cup. :star_struck: :100: :wc: :football: :canada:justin-medlock-2019-1-300x169

1 Like

I was right your riders did lose back to back against stamps and bombers and own the tiebreaker , maybe you can get the crossover this year

It was a good game and the best team won again… I am still seeing no signs of anyone beating the Bombers though, especially in the playoffs, but there is much more football to come before that happens

Stamps/Riders game is one of the best games played this year.

Currently Toronto, with the addition of coach Jones. Is on the rise their defense is coming on strong. Likely they will be in the Grey Cup. BTW,in the last 30 years Toronto has never lost in a GC game, six for six

Calgary too is emerging at the hands of the Riders.

Mostly because Fajardo is struggling now, trying to win by himself. I recommend a couple of tall Mojito’s, a massage and get over it! Then get back to work.

Older brother Dickenson is fixated on younger brother Dickenson. Not making sound decisions. Craig needs to get back to coaching the Riders!

Bombers with a struggling FG kicker is going to lose a close one, unless that get fixed plus they had an uncrated slow/sloppy first half. At this time they are very beatable.

4 western teams in the playoffs
#1 Winnipeg
#2 BC
#3 & crossover Saskatchewan & Calgary

#1 Toronto
#2 Montreal
#3 Sask or Stamps?

2 Likes

I agree Bo is really struggling with both his foot positioning, release & confidence. Once able to complete short to medium passes with a blindfold tied around his eyes, he’s become a minor liability.
But he’s the team superstar, its highest paid player - so he gets the benefit of the doubt unless he’s crippled. Like most of the great ones - he’ll understate his own decline and try to hubris his way out of it.

Bombers say they are exploring all options in the woeful FG kicking game. However, as the last 6 yrs have shown us, Mike O'Shea might be the most stubborn coaching cuss in the history of the league.
All options include about a 65% chance he'll continue to stubborn it out with Mourtado - occasionally glibly asking Ky Walters how his short-term negotiations w/ Justin Medlock are coming along!

Just a retraction no one noticed in `1 of my prior posts about Sask vs Cal game. I said there were 33,000+ in stands.
CFL game-tracker stats board lists the crowd at 27,900. Thats only a couple hundred more than Wpg announced for its match vs. woeful Edmonton.
That said, the bombers gave away 1,000 tickets to indigenous kids from across the land and arranged to fly them in & hotel them courtesy of a truly great sponsor. Plus, the Bombers know they won't sell out any more games so they paper the house with an estimated 1,000 to 1,500 giveway (promo comps) seats. So the real paid attendance was closer to 25,000 than the announced 27,500.
Still a cornerstone CFL team in terms of fans actually coming to its games!
The east isn't even close. Edmonton & Calgary are in fan slumps. BC still low.

Only the prairie dogs (Sask & Wpg) are routinely putting 23,000 to 30,000 in the stands!

Which two games were those again? I believe that the Bombers and Stamps have only played once this season.

It was ruled inconclusive to overturn as the returners legs were wholly obscured on the angle shown to us after the commercial and was impossible to tell if a knee had touched before the ball came out.

It’s too bad because I believe that the officials deliberately let the play go without a whistle just so that the command center could make the ruling. They may very well have wanted to call it down by contact but had to call it a fumble otherwise any replay would be a fiasco. He PROBABLY was down but we will never know. The zebra on the spot might be the only one who knows. Unfortunately once it goes upstairs it’s out of his hands and he can’t reverse the call.

Week 16, of course
thanks for the “W” InHufwetrust

Bombers are now 9 & 1

1 Like

Stamps were the better team, sask defense kept them in the game. Calgary still won even tho they lost the turnover battle.
Seemed like every rider drive was kept alive by marginal penalty calls. Fajardo didn't look good, Dickenson needs to go if they want to be contenders.

[quote="Paolo_X, post:47, topic:73799"]

Speaking of which, on that fumble on the punt return, I missed the replay. Was the returner down by contact, or did it pop out first?

[/quote]He was down by contact for sure