2021-08-13 Game Tracker - Toronto Argonauts vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers (6139)

Looks like last weeks win over Calgary was more of a mirage than an indication of what to expect from Toronto.

Calgary is very mediocre football team this year.

Beating the Stampeders this year is like beating the RedBags last year. Or like beating Winnipeg from 2008 to 2015.

2 Likes

At what point will Dimwit and the coaching braintrust finally recognize that Bethel Thompson is clipboard holder at best?

Toronto has no hope of contending this year and the focus needs to be on identifying a competent young franchise QB.

Wasting starts on a mediocre 33yr old journeyman QB defies logic.

1 Like

I think maybe they let it go because he hit the ball. They could say that he was going for the ball where it was held, kinda like roughing the kicker isnā€™t roughing if you hit the ball first. I dunno for sure but that seems to make the most sense.

1 Like

I think Collaros threw the jump ball pick because he thought he had a free play. Toronto was totally offside on that play. Totally. That interception should not have counted.

1 Like

Please Please.
No MORE MacBeth,
This guy just can't win.

he already has one win this season.

1 Like

well - that will end up as his season total

He had stepped up but was still in the pocket
Maybe Arbuckle is not a big enough name either

Bomber lines.....totally dominate......IF you don't beat this club in the trenches....you won't be successful.....Have to mention the little guy Nichols ...new db for the Bombers...Played a heckuva game and for a little guy packs a punch....He had Rogers off of his game all night......Nice find

ok, I'm going to admit something. I've never fully understand how to determine "What" the pocket is defined as.

We see the lines on the field, the line of scrimmage (digitally added), but is the pocket an imaginary 'box' so to speak? Is it a finite size and/or shape?

The pocket is a blurry definition to be sure. In the rule book it is defined as behind the line of scrimmage and between the tackles, but those tackles can move around a whole lot sometimes. I think unwritten itā€™s if the QB still has his eyes downfield with his arm poised to throw (hasnā€™t tucked it down) and he hasnā€™t rolled out yet heā€™s still deemed vulnerable, but yea, it can be a real sketchy judgment call sometimes. Just another reason why the officials have a tough job.

1 Like