2020 Grey Cup

I have not heard where it will be played yet, anyone know?

Not announced yet.

http://forums.cfl.ca/cfl-talk/1/2020-grey-cup/107857/

Pretty much a guarantee it’ll be in Regina. Ambrosie already stated the game would be moved up a week which was a condition for the Riders due to Agribition trade show in Regina in late November. Plus Hamilton doesn’t even know yet if their stadium can add temp seats.

CFL nearing final decision on 2020 Grey Cup host (dated January 24 2019)

“We want to get going with the 2020 announcement as quickly as we can. I think we’re in a good position to debrief the league governors on Monday and my expectation is they’ll be pleased with that update and ready to support a recommendation.?

https://3downnation.com/2019/01/24/cfl-nearing-final-decision-on-2020-grey-cup-host/

More than two weeks later is not “as quickly as we can”

Who says the league governors have not been debriefed?

Trust me … as a former civil servant two weeks is WARP SPEED.

How ever people, Tim Horton’s field nor mosaic could even come close to the amount of money Olympic stadium could give the cfl, and it seem that lately its come down to money with regards to everything I’d hope Montreal gets it so that province can finally get started in putting Olympic stadium back to use and with salary’s cap and such, the CFL will need all the money it can make in a coming years

Now the nfl states that the stadium has to hold at least 70,000 to host a Super Bowl, now the cfl should look into the same stadard but have it at least 45,000 but more like 50,000
Now I know this is bad news for Hamilton, Ottawa and Saskatchewan but a grey cup isn’t worth it if only 40,000 or even less show up, just saying

Having a Grey Cup every 3 or 4 years in places like Montreal and BC will result in crowds smaller then 45,000. There simply is not enough passion in those markets to sell the majority of tickets at an average of $250 each in a 50,000 seat stadium more then once every 6 - 10 years.

Then of course there is the issue with the Big o’s roof which will not be resolved until 2023.

How ever people, Tim Horton’s field nor mosaic could even come close to the amount of money Olympic stadium could give the cfl, and it seem that lately its come down to money with regards to everything I’d hope Montreal gets it so that province can finally get started in putting Olympic stadium back to use and with salary’s cap and such, the CFL will need all the money it can make in a coming years

Now the nfl states that the stadium has to hold at least 70,000 to host a Super Bowl, now the cfl should look into the same stadard but have it at least 45,000 but more like 50,000
Now I know this is bad news for Hamilton, Ottawa and Saskatchewan but a grey cup isn’t worth it if only 40,000 or even less show up, just saying

Totally agree! CFL makes big money on Grey Cup event for the whole league, as does the NFL on the Super Bowl. Not to be negative but an expansion team would need at least 45,000 for Grey Cup game in a totally awesome stadium. 20,000 bleachers seats may not work. Or help the league going forward.
Finger pointing or could be’s not needed. Bottom line is big sponsors and attendance equal money in the bank. Not just gate attendance. With that, which 3 teams with money won today in FA signing.
Which 3 teams appeared to lose!!!

I’m not sure if I’ve seen it before where the league announces when they’ll make the Grey Cup announcement. Especially with three bids on the table, leaving two fanbases disappointed. Hamilton and Saskatchewan are even hosting viewing parties for the announcement (not sure about Montreal). It seems weird they would do this for fans to be miffed. Especially Ti-Cat fans enduring a long hosting drought.

I’d like to guess that they’ll actually announce the next three hosts, giving all those fans something to cheer for. Hamilton 2020, Saskatchewan 2021, and Montreal 2022 seems like a reasonable rotation.

Not uncommon for special events to be annonced this way. Olympic sites for example, also Krafthockeyville was done this way. It adds some tension and excitement as opposed to just doing a simple press conference.
Although i am in Saskatchewan and would love to have it here, my gut says Hamilton.

I would like you see it in the dome next year, that t.o. Or Montreal should still generate a sell out. But they need to go into the dome for the grey cup. Out there not the regular stadiums.

I always thought they announced it Grey Cup Week. Part of the party.

I think it is a great way of providing some off-season excitement. I think even better would be trying to partner with a nation wide establishment as a sponsor partner for it. Say something like Boston Pizza, where they could have an event in every bidder’s city.

You left out Calgary and Winnipeg. So yah great. Rotate the game through the 3 most pathetic markets in the league.

Lovely theory…but no way can you sell out those facilities in those cities that frequently…that has already been well proven.

Sat in the snow in 1996, at the old Ivor Wynne. The Argo’s won, and made it perfect.

That said, it was one of the most fun Grey Cups I’ve ever attended.

The atmosphere, and the pregame fun. WOW. The snow was cool.

Me thinks the Hammer can host a Grey Cup, and make it a wonderful experience for the fans attending.

That’s all, I don’t care about the free-be stories etc. It took NOTHING away from the game day experience, and how awesome Hamilton did as the host city.

My guess is that Montreal we have it in 2020 or 2021, a grey cup in Montreal with high 60,000 to a grey cup is big money and I’ve heard that Montreal has better infrastructure then Hamilton and Saskatchewan with regards to hotels transit and stuff like that,

If anyone has been to Hamilton lately they will know the infrastructure, entertainment, etc is 100% better than it was in 96. It has become much more trendy, many great places to dine downtown. We have a stadium that is able to present much better. Sure there are some things we don’t have that other cities may have but if given the opportunity we will knock it out of the park.

I can’t see the riders hosting the Grey cup in 2020 for the simple reason, Edmonton 18 and Calgary 19 this year.
I am going with Hamilton, as they last hosted in 96, 24 years ago, Montreal in 08 and Regina in 13