2020 Grey Cup

I some what agree with the last post how ever Hamilton sure get more people to show up then Toronto dose, I would be okay if Hamilton gets it, but if it can’t sell out 40,000 seats then Hamilton shouldnt hold a grey cup, if the cfl wants to make more money, then it’s just clear to have it held in a stadium that holds 50,000 to 65,000 like bc, Montreal, Edmonton, or even Calgary with the added seats for that matter, thouse cites have sellouts at grey cups but the west in general always has a better chance of sellouts,

I wonna see the renderings for Tim Horton’s field when it’s seats 40,000

And can mosaic even have seats added??

The design of THF was for a 24,000 seat Stadium with the widest seats and the most disabled friendly Stadium in the League and can be expanded for a Grey Cup

I suspect between 34K and 38K, 6K - 7K in each end zone bleachers

Here is the layout for the expanded design

2022 may be the timetable for the new roof to be in place, but that doesn’t mean the stadium couldn’t be “open air” in time for the 2020 Cup … it will have to come off before any new construction starts.

Oh only 36,000 why would u wonna hold a grey cup at a place that couldn’t get much more then Calgary and saskachwan would in regular season, the grey should be making money not showing off an over paid tiny stadium,

If the cfl wants to become a better league sad reality is that they need to do everything that evolves making money, and not just to be nice, tell Hamilton to get new renderings cuz 36,000 is not enough unless u were to sell the grey cup tickets for an average of $450 bucks, but in that matter it would not sell out

Exactly! Perfectly put.

Yeesh, Ottawa seating Capacity for their Grey Cup was 36K

OTTAWAThe Grey Cup is still a month away but organizers say the game is sold out.
Capacity at Ottawa’s TD Place for the Nov. 26 CFL championship will be increased from 24,000 to 36,000, with the addition of temporary stands in both end zones, to meet demand for tickets.

also

BMO Field was expanded to 35K for 104th grey Cup

I honestly think Ottawa could have more seats, they should try next time they have it, have the capacity more up to 45,000 cause dosnt they have a fast sell out of that grey cup?? I may be wrong, but the cfl should make it clear for the teams and city that if they want a grey cup they must at least have 45,000, or 50,000 would be better but a minimum the stadium can hold, and if they can’t have that big then to bad, host an MLS game

Ah good idea, just have it at EDM, BC, or SSK every year. NOT!

A while back the CFL kept alternating the game between BC and Toronto, so much so that it became a non event in those cities.

Yes and David Braley owned both those teams, Hmmmm

Toronto should be the last resort just in front of Mexico when it come to hosting a grey cup lol,

But like so many other threads on this site, the cfl needs to do what it can to make money, obvs don’t hold grey cups in the same place over and over, there is about 5 cities that can’t have upwords or more then 50,000 for grey cups, that’s good money, I’m just saying having 36,000 at a grey cup would be like the super bowl being held at a FCS school stadium,

Hamilton should for sure have a grey cup, I just think it would be better if they could at get 40,000 at Timhortans field

What are the “political” reasons why Hamilton would get the 2020 game?

Well if teams want to hold the grey cup , they need to start putting domes over their stadiums, to bad there’s no temporary bubble invented for single game events., an inexpensive temp. Fix.

Just move the games up 3-4 hours, not 3-4 weeks. It is assinine playing football on a Sunday night in Edmonton Alberta in late November. If the game was played in the afternoon (Saturday or Sunday, take your pick), then we likely wouldn’t be talking about that embarrassment earlier this week.

Edmonton’s 106th Grey Cup in 2018 will likely go down as one of the best run Grey Cup weeks in league history. For the rest of us who weren’t there, it will only be remembered for a shockingly bad playing field and the volume of athletes who complained about it. Shame.

That to, as I stated earlier, we don’t need to emulate the nfl.

2018 - Edmonton
2019 - Calgary
2020 - it’s time to have the Grey Cup in the East

Hamilton hasn’t hosted a Grey Cup since 1996.

Need to host the Grey Cup in the East to drum up some fan interest in the east - need more national sponsors - who have HQs in Toronto …

Tim Hortons Field has never hosted a Grey Cup …

Below article is a little old, but the Politics are all the same

"When will it be Hamilton's turn to host the Grey Cup? - 3DownNation "

Yes. Alot of the temp seating will go in the south end zone, where Pilsner Place is.

I wouldn’t call it coming to Hamilton (if it does) political, but due.

The city has had its new stadium for four years now, a fan base that has supported the team and most importantly an owner who has been a good soldier spending his money while he has seen teams reap the benefits of hosting games.

Isn’t the set up of the seating for Mosaic based on Dallas stadium.

The seats are on a rail. They can move the seats closer for big events to add seats without having to add temp seats. I hope they can get to 40k, and still have the option of adding temp seats at the ends.

I still think the CFL needs to mandate that a host must hit a minimum capacity.

I find it silly that the Grey Cup is held in stadiums that can only hold 35k max.

Agreed. A 35,000 seat Grey Cup does nothing to raise the brand image. A Grey Cup like this past one with 50,000+ does that in spades. Heck for a time the league was drawing 50,000+ for divisional final games never mind Grey Cups. We really have taken a step back in terms of large crowds.

Then you get the double whammy of doing what Toronto did and host it in a small stadium with outrageous ticket prices which caused even the small stadium not to be sold out, and them giving away tickets at a pizza vendor.

Now that the league has decided to split Grey Cup revenues amongst member clubs, they need to truly have a real bidding process like other leagues do, complete with minimum stadium capacities and hotel rooms and make cities bid on bringing this great event to their city, and with it, more revenue for the league and its member clubs.