2018 Winter Olympics

Pretty Little Kaitlyn Lawes going for Gold!!! Nice. :slight_smile:

Whenever Canada is eliminated from any event, I always cheer for our friend and neighbour next- The United States. If Canada is not in an event, I cheer for the Americans, plain and simple. I like our friends to the south. I don't care who their leader is, I still like them.

in the end, go with your heart as far as who you cheer most for.

I haven't always cheered Canada. In fact I cheered for Bure and the Russians a couple of times.

My wife grew up in Manitoba, a jets and bombers fan. Now she is first of all, a canucks and lions fan.

My in-laws, although they too have moved out here, remain jets and bombers first. Its all good.

Cherry picker Bure . :-[

I sent this info on to the FBI . LOL . :smiley:

Pretty Little Kaitlyn Lawes won Gold. Her partner, John Morris, was amazing.

For sure! And nice to see Kim Boutin get a bronze in the 500m short track after the officials indicating interference by the Korean girl, they got the call right in my estimation.

Uh-oh. Trouble brewing in the PTBO household over that one (my wife’s Korean).

Wish me luck.

Too funny PTBO, and good luck with this one! :slight_smile:

I only care about ice hockey.

These olympic athletes done good and all...but they have nothing on me.
The youngins here give me stuffed animals all the time..so I won more stuffed animals than them.. ;D ;D

No really whats with that? Congrats gold, silver, and bronze winners you all win the same stuffed animal

Congrats Canadian athletes on a big couple days.

Watching Shaun White of the US make Olympic history with his 3 golds in 3 different games in same event was spectacular. I thought he may be done after his 2nd run but he nailed the one he needed. At 31yrs old no less. Actually enjoying these games (despite the time difference) more than I expected.

Unfortunately some awful reactions to the Korean being disqualified including even death threat comments on Boutin’s social media accounts - which she had to close down.

https://olympics.cbc.ca/news/article/canada-kim-boutin-receives-death-threats-after-winning-short-track-bronze.html

Man some people are crazy. Tip to Kim Boutin: Don’t eat the kimchee, or get someone else to order your food from here on in. Maybe hit up McDonalds drive thru.

That was some rollercoaster of emotions that race and immediately afterwards. Sure is exciting to watch this short track skating.

Thanks, Aerial. I survived the night, so should be good from here on out. :wink:

Glad to hear that PTBO!

Yeah, pretty sad she is receiving death threats. The bad part of the Olympics. These whackos if they insist on being whacko should direct their anger towards the officials.

Great interview with Lawes and Morris - and no, they aren't dating but you knew Jay and Dan would ask that question. They all had fun with it though. :wink:

02:21
Dan: "There must be one question you guys get asked a lot, are you dating?"
Kevin: [rips pillow clenched in his teeth]

Huh? I don’t understand. :slight_smile:

Edit : Okay… Now I understand. :slight_smile:

First I gotta ask why have something that allows whackos to threaten and insult you whenever they feel like ? Shut it off before the crap happens.
Second, I thought a Canadian got disqualified the the very race before the Boutin one. Did any Canadians threaten the skater that was fouled ? I think she was Korean too.

Third, what the hell are you talking about Red ? Kevin, somebody tell me.

I got it now. I'm slow. Don't watch the clowns and I'm pretty sure pretty little Kaitlyn has a BF who was in the stands with her folks. Besides, she's too pretty for Morris. ;D

..just here to exercise your brains...