2015 Schedule

Actually every team in the league plays 10 games against the west and 8 against the east. There’s nothing odd about this at all.

X2

Well put.

thank you Pan Am games for Tim Hortons Field.

I agree having 4 games in 24 days at home is an oddity but I much prefer this schedule over the 2013 one where first off we weren’t even playing any home games at home and the stupid amount of back to back games we had that season. I found that schedule to be tiresome. I like how this one worked out with all things considered, we just need to put up with the Pan Am Games for one more year and the necessary evil is over with and we will have our beautiful stadium for the next 20 years.

I'm just glad we will have a nice stadium to play in now. As for the August 3rd game and people complaining about the game being played at 7pm and not 1pm or 4 pm suck it up and just be glad that its being played at the end of the long weekend and during the weekend. Also if I'm not mistaken but was there not a time where the CFL played the Labour Day Classic at 7.

It was played at 7pm just once in recent years because TSN wanted the late start for TV ratings reasons. The result was that lots of people took this as a cue that they had 6 extra hours to get good and liquored up before the game, so there was way more visible fighting and disorderly behavior than usual at the game that night.

With having our first four games on the road and our penchant for not being a good road team in what seems like ages,and our other problem of it seems NEVER winning a season opener, I think realistically if we can get through the first 4 games at 2-2 we'll be okay. I don't know about anybody else but I'm getting a little bit tired of the slow start routine that we've seen from this team the last two seasons (2013...1-4)(2014...1-6). It would be nice to get the season off on a good note for a change and just roll along on a consistent level for a nice 12-6 or at the least 11-7 season. Now don't get me wrong here but this team has made the play-off's for 5 of the past 6 seasons and has had back to back Cup appearances but of those 5 appearances only one was an above .500 team(2013...10-8)3 times .500 (2009,10,14)and 1 was a game below .500 (2011..8-10). I think this team is ready to take the next step up to the level's of the current Stamps and the Alouettes in the Calvillo era and begin a run of consistently having double digit wins on the season on a regular basis....I think it starts this year,and I know it's early but gazing into my crystal ball I'm seeing a 2015 season where the Cats go to the next step up and finish up with a nice 12-6 record on the season.

Yes you are right…lol these guys just don’t get it. The ONLY reason they got Tim Hortons Field in the first place is BECAUSE of the Pan Ams!!
Now some people are complaining about the schedule? that’s unbelievable, everyone knew years ago that the Pan Ams were scheduled at that time and football was going to be interrupted. Other teams are going through the same thing because of the Womens World Cup schedule.

@bobo - last season may have been different had Collaros not been knocked out for 6 games due to an illegal (helmet-to-helmet) hit. Notice that I said "may". We still had a pathetic O-line, and Collaros was still feeling out his receivers. However, I feel that we would have won more games with him than with LeFevour.

I could handle the poor starts for two seasons, but the problem is that it’s been FIVE straight seasons.

2010: 1-4
2011: 0-2
2012: 0-2
2013: 1-4
2014: 1-6

Not to mention, we haven’t won a season opener since 2004, losing those games by an average score of 34-18 over the past 10 years

for a team that hasn't won the Grey Cup in a while...The league, other entities etc...they sure don't make it easy for this football club..

Absolutely brutal schedule from a fan perspective. Monday night at the end of a holiday weekend, and a Thursday night? Yuck. Five home games in a little over a month? I'll definitely end up missing a few games this year.

Any game day that is in my home teams stadium is a good day. Very happy with schedule!

:cowboy:

You sound like an Argo fan, looking for reasons as to why you won’t attend a game.
This season with the Pan Am Games in Hamilton and Toronto and the Women’s FIFA in Ottawa, Edmonton and Vancouver there are a few teams with the same brutal schedules.

They play 5 home games in 6 weeks. I love the team, but I also enjoy doing other things during our very short Canadian summers.

You have the PRIVILEGE of going to see the team you love, in the city you live in (or near) 10 times per year, and you have the temerity to COMPLAIN about it? I consider myself lucky that I can see the 'Cats ONCE where I live. Travel to Hamilton has become a major difficulty for me recently, so your protestations have fallen on a VERY deaf ear…

It’s not a privilege. Literally anyone can go to a game if they’d like. It’s your choice to not live in the area. I pay money to go the games, I feel like I can complain if I’d like.

I commit to season tickets months before the CFL gets their act together and releases a schedule. I usually assume that I’m buying tickets to 9 games (don’t really care about preseason), spaced evenly between July 1st and early November. This year I got tickets to 9 games, with half of them occurring in a single month. I know Pan Am messed with the schedule a bit, but coupled with a few weird start times (Monday night?!), the schedule is crazy.

Maybe I’m the only one that hates it? But I know in the future the group I go with will seriously reconsider season tickets if we have to renew before the schedule is released.

I’m just hoping someone reads my complaints, and maybe takes it into account in the future. I know Ticat staff read almost everything posted on here. :slight_smile:

What baffles me about the schedule is that for the second year in a row we start the season with a ton of road games. OK - I get that Last year stadium uncertainty and this year the Pan Ams. But after starting the season with most games on the road - why on earth do we then end up with three of our last four games on the road too. That's crazy.

And it is because of that front AND back loaded road schedule that we end up with so many home games in such close proximity to each other in the middle of the season. From Monday August 3 - Friday October 9 inclusive we have eight home games. That is eight home games within about 9.5 weeks (67 days).

I'm a Ti-Cats fan - but I'm also a fan of the Jays, Bills and TFC. During the good weather days of summer and fall I like to go to about one game a week and with a 'normal' football schedule one week would be a Cats game and the alternate week I would usually aim for one of those other three with friends (most of whom are not Cats fans). But that plan is all shot to hell with this sort of schedule for the Ti-Cats.

Actually, it’s NOT my choice to live where I do - the Military has quite a say in where I work, and therefore, live. You KNEW that the Pan-Am Games would mess with the schedule, and you KNEW that the FIFA Women’s World Cup would mess with the schedule on other cities, and yet you still complain. There was a wonderful Punk band called the “Me First and the Gimme Gimmes” - sounds perfect for you…

Agree to disagree, I guess. I feel that as a paying customer, I’m allowed to complain a little bit. I shouldn’t just have to take whatever crappy the league decides to give me.